Who do you want for your next head coach?

• Total voters
C

Cr122

Any other coaches you guys want to add to the list or just feel they have a shot at the head coaching position post them in here.

And discuss.

sbk92

Reaction score
The point is that as always you are full of shit. Saying that Brady was a HOF the moment he stepped onto the field, is hindsight bullshit. You and anybody else can legitimately say that about Peyton Manning and Dan Marino, but you cannot say that about Brady, considering as to how him being a 6th rounder and then once he was drafted, was #4 on the depth chart. But I'm sure YOU knew on draft day that Brady was a sure HOFer. I'm sure you knew while he played at Michigan, that he was a HOFer.

Hindsight bullshat? What on Earth is your retarded ass talking about?

Follow me here, you complete fucking idiot.

Bill Belichick was a failure in Cleveland as a head coach. Fact.

Belichick won nothing in New England until a future first ballot hall of famer arrived at QB. Fact.

When that hall of famer went down with the knee injury, brilliant little Bill couldn't get it done with another QB. Fact.

Comparing Parcells' success with Quincy Carter to Belichick's with Matt Cassel is idiotic on two levels.

1) The two rosters were vastly different. If you want to compare the 2003 Dallas Cowboys to the 2008 New England Patriots, you're the biggest moron ever to grace these boards. And despite that ginormous talent gap, little Bill did not have any more success than Big Bill did with Quincy Carter.

2) Cassel is simply a better QB than Quincy Carter. He's no great shakes but at least he's not retarded. Quincy didn't belong on an NFL field. Neither did his starting RB and many others on that roster. But they were led by the single greatest head coach and team builder this league has ever seen. He did what no other coach could do. Including his pupil, Bill Belichick.

this why you slurp on his dick so much? Big fucking deal. Gruden WON a Super Bowl with Brad Johnson. Billick won a Super Bowl with Dilfer. And when Parcells brought in his former players, how come he couldn;'t get shit done...? Oh wait for it... here it comes! Because of Jerry.

Parcells brought in some of his retread aging players for two reasons. 1) to improve the God awful NFL Europe like roster the fake GM gave him. And 2) to acclimate his new players to his way. Because none of those guys had a clue how to win. They've been led by Jerry Jones previously.

I'd say that was a success actually. We found some nice value with some of those guys.

And all coaches do it. I've never seen a previous head coach take a new job and not bring in at least a few of his former players.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
dbair, who do you want to coach this team next year?

I dont know yet, depends on who's really available I guess. I havent put alot of thought into it because I honestly didnt see us being in that situation. I had assumed we'd have a very good yr, maybe win the super bowl (or at least make a big run) and Wade would either come back one more yr or retire and turn it over to Garrett.

The way things are today, I doubt anyone on this current staff returns next yr, other than maybe Ray Sherman (he's highly regarded, and has coached in several systems). The other maybe might be DeCamillis, though I am losing faith in him by the second.

Cythim

Reaction score
1. Pioli was never GM in New England. Belichick shared some duties with him but always had the final say. Pioli has a great eye for talent but Belichick is responsible for the product on the field.

2. As bad as Belichick's tenure was in Cleveland, he did better there than most of those who came before and after him. In 1994 he took the Browns to the playoffs and won their last playoff game against (gasp!) Bill Parcells and the Patriots. In 1995 the team started planning it's move to Baltimore midseason and Belichick was done after that.

3. Nick Saben was DC in Cleveland.

sbk92

Reaction score
Pioli was the guy finding the talent. Belichick was the Jerry Jones of the situation. Nod and act like you did it.

Belichick was an under .500 coach in Cleveland. He left with a 5-11 season in his finale.

He failed there. Complete and total failure. Because he didn't have the guy feeding him top talent and he didn't have a hall of fame caliber QB on the field.

And people act like this guy is the one who can win anywhere.

Get back to me the next time that Cleveland situation ever happens to Bill Parcells. He's too good for that to happen. He doesn't leave 5-11 teams for the new coach to fix.

Cythim

Reaction score
You are obviously just talking out of your ass now. Belichick in Cleveland beat Parcells in the playoffs. Game. Set. Match.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Pioli was the guy finding the talent. Belichick was the Jerry Jones of the situation. Nod and act like you did it.

Belichick was an under .500 coach in Cleveland. He left with a 5-11 season in his finale.

He failed there. Complete and total failure. Because he didn't have the guy feeding him top talent and he didn't have a hall of fame caliber QB on the field.

And people act like this guy is the one who can win anywhere.

Get back to me the next time that Cleveland situation ever happens to Bill Parcells. He's too good for that to happen. He doesn't leave 5-11 teams for the new coach to fix.

Get back to me with the date of the last time a Parcells coached or managed team won a playoff game.

Reaction score
And lets not forget Bellicheck had absolutely zero support from ownership in Cleveland. Modell was dead set on moving that franchise.

Only in the eyes of sbk does Parcells rank higher than Belichick. Survey 32 out of 32 teams as to who they'd take . . . and it'd be Belichick every time.

Once upon a time, sbk was an intelligent poster. Now he's just a caricature and blowhard.

Reaction score
Belichick can't win without Romeo Crennel.

So going 63-22, with three division titles, four playoff appearances, a Super Bowl appearance, and the only 16-0 regular season record in NFL history = "can't win?"

Sure . . . if you're a dumbass.

Also . . . the fact that Crennell has been an abject failure without Belichick only further shows what a great coach Belichick is. If Crennell had set the league on fire, and Belichick and the Patriots struggled, then maybe you'd have a point. You know, sort of like how Belichick has set the league on fire, and Parcells struggled. Get it?

Now remind me of the time Bill Parcells failed at a stop.

Tick Tock.

Okay. Dallas Cowboys. 2003-2006. Record = 34 wins, 30 losses. Zero playoff wins. Zero division titles. Failure.

The difference between those two and the great Bill Parcells is FJ never had to be forced out because he wasn't getting the job done. Ever. He's been flawless.

He's never been forced out because he's always quit on his team after 4 or 5 years. Each and every time.

And regarding the "flawless" comment . . . I'd consider negotiating with the Jets about a head coaching job while your team is preparing for the Super Bowl is pretty fucking flawed.

lol

It amazes me what a complete and utter jackass you've become.

Cythim

Reaction score
How about Ron Rivera? His defense leads the league in yards allowed and gets 1.5 takeways and 3.5 sacks a game.

Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...bill-cowher-in

The Dallas Cowboys dropped to 1-5 on Monday night with a loss against the New York Giants that also saw the team lose quarterback Tony Romo, possibly for the rest of the season.

And no matter how many times team owner Jerry Jones says that Wade Phillips is his coach, it's all but assured that Phillips will not be coaching in Dallas next season.

According to ESPN's NFL Insider Adam Schefter, the Cowboys will be making drastic changes to the coaching staff unless the team miraculously turns its season around and makes the playoffs.

"The Dallas Cowboys are going to make some wholesale changes for next year. Start thinking big ... like Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, John Fox, coaches of that caliber," Schefter said.

Obviously, as the names listed by Schefter indicate, there are plenty of big name coaches on the market.

But who appears to be the early favorite to be Phillips' successor in Dallas?

The NFL Network's Albert Breer said that, as of today, he thinks current Panthers head coach John Fox is the favorite.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...bill-cowher-in

The Dallas Cowboys dropped to 1-5 on Monday night with a loss against the New York Giants that also saw the team lose quarterback Tony Romo, possibly for the rest of the season.

And no matter how many times team owner Jerry Jones says that Wade Phillips is his coach, it's all but assured that Phillips will not be coaching in Dallas next season.

According to ESPN's NFL Insider Adam Schefter, the Cowboys will be making drastic changes to the coaching staff unless the team miraculously turns its season around and makes the playoffs.

"The Dallas Cowboys are going to make some wholesale changes for next year. Start thinking big ... like Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, John Fox, coaches of that caliber," Schefter said.

Obviously, as the names listed by Schefter indicate, there are plenty of big name coaches on the market.

But who appears to be the early favorite to be Phillips' successor in Dallas?

The NFL Network's Albert Breer said that, as of today, he thinks current Panthers head coach John Fox is the favorite.

HELL NO.

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind gruden as hes a younger guy with a no-shit taken attitude...

I don't know how good of a Coach he actually is though?

C

Cr122

Wasn't Gruden into the 4-3 defensive scheme when he was the head coach at Tampa Bay and Oakland?

I like Gruden but I think we need a 3-4 DC.

sbk92

Reaction score
Wasn't Gruden into the 4-3 defensive scheme when he was the head coach at Tampa Bay and Oakland?

I like Gruden but I think we need a 3-4 DC.

Ridiculous.

You find the best coach and let him decide what's best for the team. Don't do his thinking for him or you might as well continue on with the status quo.

C

Cr122

Ridiculous.

You find the best coach and let him decide what's best for the team. Don't do his thinking for him or you might as well continue on with the status quo.

I'm not saying I am against the 4-3 because I'm not, but seeing we are already in that scheme, my choice is Cowher.

Now, if for some reason we hire Gruden, then fine let's switch back to the 4-3. I don't have a problem with it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not saying I am against the 4-3 because I'm not, but seeing we are already in that scheme, my choice is Cowher.

Now, if for some reason we hire Gruden, then fine let's switch back to the 4-3. I don't have a problem with it.

I think Gruden (and any decent coach) would look at the personnel in hand, and then make a decision on what type scheme to run. He's an offensive guy, so he probably has no feeling about 4-3 over 3-4. He'll just want it to perform better than this.

I actually dont think it would be that hard for us to switch back to the 4-3. There's be a couple of positions where some personnel changes would be needed, but I have no doubt Ware could be huge as a 4-3 RDE. Haley was essentially a 3-4 OLB when we trade for him, and he converted fine to a 4-3 RDE. Ware is a better athlete than Haley was. Ratliff is a really good NT, but I think he'd be more of a terror as a 4-3 DT. Lee could probably play any of the three 4-3 spots, and certainly could be a MLB.

C

Cr122

I think Gruden (and any decent coach) would look at the personnel in hand, and then make a decision on what type scheme to run. He's an offensive guy, so he probably has no feeling about 4-3 over 3-4. He'll just want it to perform better than this.

I actually dont think it would be that hard for us to switch back to the 4-3. There's be a couple of positions where some personnel changes would be needed, but I have no doubt Ware could be huge as a 4-3 RDE. Haley was essentially a 3-4 OLB when we trade for him, and he converted fine to a 4-3 RDE. Ware is a better athlete than Haley was. Ratliff is a really good NT, but I think he'd be more of a terror as a 4-3 DT. Lee could probably play any of the three 4-3 spots, and certainly could be a MLB.

I'll say it right now, Sean Lee will be in some sort of starting role for this defense next year.

Top Bottom