Who do you want for your next head coach?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I don't know who I want at HC.

But I think it'll be Garrett. I think Ray Sherman will be promoted to OC . . . but that Garrett will still call plays.

Not sure who we'd get to run the defense.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

But I think it'll be Garrett. I think Ray Sherman will be promoted to OC . . . but that Garrett will still call plays.

I wouldn't mind Ray Sherman as an OC. But if Garrett is the HC next year, I think he promotes one of his brothers to be OC. JMO. I don't know who runs the defense either, but I hope they do not come with this "bend but don't break" crap. I'M SICK OF IT.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

When he was looking into building his staff before, Dom Capers is who he wanted as DC 9who obviously he wouldnt be able to get) and the OC was a coach at Wisconsin I believe, the name escapes me. He has extensive NFL experience though.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
When he was looking into building his staff before, Dom Capers is who he wanted as DC 9who obviously he wouldnt be able to get) and the OC was a coach at Wisconsin I believe, the name escapes me. He has extensive NFL experience though.

Who are you talking about?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sounds like Garrett.

And it sucks about not being able to land Capers. To think he would be here not if not for the insecure Brian Stewart.

But Garrett wasn't the HC, so how could he have a hand in who is the DC?

I would have LOVED to have had Capers. That shit still pisses me off with that insecure bitch! He was just too stupid to realize that he could have learned under Capers while still be the DC. But you know what it was, don't you? He envisioned himself as the next Mike Tomlin: young, Black, and a hot DC on the fast track.

I love how Ware looked like he was about to kick his ass during the Rams' game a few seasons back.

Reaction score
I'm not saying I am against the 4-3 because I'm not, but seeing we are already in that scheme, my choice is Cowher.

Now, if for some reason we hire Gruden, then fine let's switch back to the 4-3. I don't have a problem with it.

Not that I want him but Gruden is a offensive coach(West Coast) from the Mike Holmgren tree. He wouldn't be involved in the defense and I'd bet he doesn't care whether it's the 4-3 or 3-4.

sbk92

Reaction score
Not that I want him but Gruden is a offensive coach(West Coast) from the Mike Holmgren tree. He wouldn't be involved in the defense and I'd bet he doesn't care whether it's the 4-3 or 3-4.

I think you'd be betting right.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I actually wish Jerry would grow a pair and stop hiding behind these puppets. Just get your headset and coach the team, Jerry.

My vote is for ground shaking change, whoever dictates that type of change is okay by me.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Who are you talking about?

Garrett, the names he's floated for staff have leaked out, not only from his intitial interview with Jones for the position he has here in Dallas, but also from his interviews that resulted in offers from Baltimore and Atlanta. He was set to bring Capers with him as DC and I think one of his offensive staff (either coordinator or QB coach) was set to be Paul Chryst from Wisconsin.

sbk92

Reaction score
I think Garrett would make an outstanding head coach, though you never can really be sure on a guy with no head coaching experience.

But I'm totally against hiring him here. We need a statement hire. Somebody whose name makes you go whoa. A new sheriff in town type of deal that has the whole building on edge again. Nobody in the media will confuse him as a Jerry puppet.

Cowher accomplishes that. So does Gruden. Fox? Eh. I don't think so.

Last edited:

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think Garrett would make an outstanding head coach, though you never can really be sure on a guy with no head coaching experience.

But I'm totally against hiring him here. We need a statement hire. Somebody whose name makes you go whoa. A new sherrif in town type of deal that has the whole building on edge again. Nobody in the media will confuse him as a Jerry puppet.

Cowher accomplishes that. So does Gruden. Fox? Eh. I don't think so.

Exactly where I'm at with Garrett. Where we go with the next head coach has got to shake up the organization and the way it's run.

No matter who that is and who he brings in to run the offense, we're automatically going to drop off offensively.

I really wanted Garrett to coach here. Jerry has made it impossible to sell him to the masses. It's a damn shame.

sbk92

Reaction score
Exactly where I'm at with Garrett. Where we go with the next head coach has got to shake up the organization and the way it's run.

No matter who that is and who he brings in to run the offense, we're automatically going to drop off offensively.

I really wanted Garrett to coach here. Jerry has made it impossible to sell him to the masses. It's a damn shame.

I don't think we have to drop off offensively.

Just give us some linemen and a focused, crisp team and our offense should be lights out.

This is why I can't be completely down about this. If you give a guy like Cowher or Gruden this roster, they can win right away in this watered down league. There is no rebuild other than that line.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
We can get better than where we currently are offensively as far as points and running the football. I'm thinking in terms of what Garrett could do with an NFL caliber offensive line.

Top Bottom