Who do you want for your next head coach?

• Total voters

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I want Cowher so he can build us a coaching staff and one of his assistants can take over when he is done in a few years. Trying to land the perfect up-and-coming young guy is a shot in the dark. How many other teams have tried and failed with that tactic?

It's all a shot in the dark. But that is damn sure not a good enough reason to try. If it was, Jimmy Johnson would have never coached here. How many other teams have tried the retread route?

Cythim

Reaction score
It's all a shot in the dark. But that is damn sure not a good enough reason to try. If it was, Jimmy Johnson would have never coached here. How many other teams have tried the retread route?

Right, because hiring a college coach that played for two national titles and won one while compiling a 52-9 record in 5 years is just as much a shot in the dark as hiring a college coach (I am assuming you guys want Jim Harbaugh HC at Stanford and not John HC at Baltimore?) with a 21-20 record because of his name.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Right, because hiring a college coach that played for two national titles and won one while compiling a 52-9 record in 5 years is just as much a shot in the dark as hiring a college coach (I am assuming you guys want Jim Harbaugh HC at Stanford and not John HC at Baltimore?) with a 21-20 record because of his name.

Sure it was. Didn't work out for Spurrier now did it? Fact is, it remains a shot in the dark all the same because success at the college ranks does not guarantee success in the pros.

Cythim

Reaction score
Sure it was. Didn't work out for Spurrier now did it? Fact is, it remains a shot in the dark all the same because success at the college ranks does not guarantee success in the pros.

And Spurrier has proven that it was the program and not the coach with his lack of success at South Carolina. His best season so far has been 8-5 at SC.

TunaTaco

Spectator
Reaction score
Baltimore will not let Harbaugh go anywhere.

My money is on Chucky being the next Cowboy coach.

Reaction score
Baltimore will not let Harbaugh go anywhere.

My money is on Chucky being the next Cowboy coach.

They're referring to Jim Harbaugh, the Stanford head coach.

I'd take him. Or Rob Ryan. Or Jason Garrett.

I don't want Cowher or Chucky.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I like JIM Harbaugh because of what I've seen his teams do,and I don't mean his won and lost record.They play to the whistle,and he's got a good offensive imagination.

I don't care for Cowher,and frankly don't see much chance of him coming here.Personally,I think he'll get John Fox's job,if any.

Fuck Jon Gruden.Seriously.

Mostly I want not Wade Phillips.Never have.Never will.

Reaction score
Yeah, you can't judge a Jim Harbaugh based on a win loss record.

He's coaching at Stanford for crying out loud.

Plymkr

Reaction score
No fucking way to Chucky. He is an annoying twat. And gets more annoying with each fucking MOnday night Football game.

The fat fuck Rob Ryan would do for DC. And no way to fucking Garrett

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Ok, how about Marty Morhingweg? I know I spelled it wrong, the OC for the Eagles?

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Bill Belichek was TERRIBLE as coach of the Browns. Spent a few more years as a DC then became the model for success. Marty was TERRIBLE with Detroit, of course he was stuck with Matt Millan as his GM, now the Eagles run a pretty decent offense and why not give him a chance? Think he'd be a good choice, I also like Jim Haslett, the Redskins DC.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Bill Belichek was TERRIBLE as coach of the Browns. Spent a few more years as a DC then became the model for success. Marty was TERRIBLE with Detroit, of course he was stuck with Matt Millan as his GM, now the Eagles run a pretty decent offense and why not give him a chance? Think he'd be a good choice, I also like Jim Haslett, the Redskins DC.

Marty would be a new offense we'd have to learn and Haslett is another retread like Marty.

I'm for promoting Garrett to HC, fixing the line, and bringing in a good defensive coordinator and special teams coach.

Plymkr

Reaction score
These players haven't figured out the current offensive scheme. Blow it all up. start over.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

OMG, thank God you arnt running things at VR. Haslett?? Marty????

Holy crap.

Top Bottom