Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
yes but its just...

Trump's mouth got him in trouble again. He boxed himself to CNN in when he said "any time, any place". But he still could have refused to agree to certain conditions. Republicans continue to treat CNN like a legitimate news organization while Democrats treat every conservative news org like a joke. As I have said, double standards would not exist if Republicans did not allow them to exist.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Biden would never debate Trump unless there were concessions. And I believe Trump wants to appeal to a wider audience to include some Dems that might be on the fense. I didn't even think Biden would do any debates and just hide in his basement so Trump had to shame him out of hiding or risk giveing Trump a talking point that Biden refused to debate, even on Biden's terms.

It's just a state of the world we live in today. I don't expect much and if Biden just mumbles through the debate his side will consider it a win. But make no mistake, Biden can give Trump's team some good material as well.

I guess my point is that Trump has more to lose in the public eye if there are no debates. I give him credit for offering to debate any time, any where and sticking to his word.

I think the opposite. I think Trump has more to lose. Biden just has to survive the 90 minutes, with 2 breaks, and he will be declared the winner. Trump is hoping Biden will be a senile mess, but if he isn't, he wins. The problem is the media will not be fair in assessing the debate. If Trump slurs one word, they will jump on it. He is gets on fact wrong, they will claim he lied again. If his tenor isn't perfect they will claim he is unhinged. In the meantime, any mistakes Biden makes will be excused.

And let's be honest, debates are a waste of time anyone. A debate is about making good arguments for or against a point. These debates are people using talking points and the audience nods if they agree with a particular agenda.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Trump's mouth got him in trouble again

thats what I fear will screw him tonight, it would be impressive (& beneficial imo) if he could restrain himself, be calm, show no frustration, talk less, avoid being argumentative, no name calling, focus on facts & be concise so CNN never gets a chance to use the button to cut him off and let Biden hang himself.

The rules, no audience, etc is so absurd

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And let's be honest, debates are a waste of time anyone. A debate is about making good arguments for or against a point. These debates are people using talking points and the audience nods if they agree with a particular agenda.
I don't think there's a live audience

And CNN and Dems would never allow a debate where their candidate has to say what he/she/it can do for the country and how.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Nancy, you rotted brain stupid Communist kunt...what was inflation when Trump ran the country before.

By the way, they failed to mention that all of those "laureates" just happened to be Biden donors too.

I'm sure we can trust them.

Top Bottom