Creeper

UDFA
Reaction score
They're following the 2020 playbook. Stay low key and let the cheat/steal seal the deal.
The are just letting the media do its top tearing down Trump and building up Kamala.

Did anyone see Woody Allen's movie Sleeper? That's where we are. The media makes The Leader" and keeps him or her in office by constantly bombarding the public with positive statements. The Leader never makes an appearance (in his whole body).

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
The Debate Rules per ABC News:

The debate will last 90 minutes with two commercial breaks

The two seated moderators, David Muir and Linsey Davis, will be the only people asking questions

A coin flip was held virtually on September 3 to determine podium placements and order of closing arguments; Trump won the coin toss and chose to select the order of statements. He will offer the last closing statement, and Harris selected the right podium on screen (stage left)

Candidates will be introduced by moderators

Candidates will enter upon introduction from opposite sides of the stage; the incumbent party will be introduced first

There will be no opening statements; closing statements will be two minutes per candidate

Candidates will stand behind the podiums for the duration of the debate

Props or prewritten notes are not allowed onstage

No topics or questions will be shared in advance

Candidates will be given a pen, a pad of paper, and a bottle of water

Candidates will have two minutes to answer questions, two minutes for rebuttals, and one extra minute for follow-ups, clarifications, or responses

Candidates’ microphones will be live only for the candidate whose turn it is to speak and muted when the time belongs to another candidate

Candidates will not be permitted to ask questions of each other

Campaign staff may not interact with candidates during commercial breaks

Moderators will seek to enforce timing agreements and ensure a civilized discussion

There will be NO audience in the room

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Debate Rules per ABC News:

The debate will last 90 minutes with two commercial breaks

The two seated moderators, David Muir and Linsey Davis, will be the only people asking questions

A coin flip was held virtually on September 3 to determine podium placements and order of closing arguments; Trump won the coin toss and chose to select the order of statements. He will offer the last closing statement, and Harris selected the right podium on screen (stage left)

Candidates will be introduced by moderators

Candidates will enter upon introduction from opposite sides of the stage; the incumbent party will be introduced first

There will be no opening statements; closing statements will be two minutes per candidate

Candidates will stand behind the podiums for the duration of the debate

Props or prewritten notes are not allowed onstage

No topics or questions will be shared in advance

Candidates will be given a pen, a pad of paper, and a bottle of water

Candidates will have two minutes to answer questions, two minutes for rebuttals, and one extra minute for follow-ups, clarifications, or responses

Candidates’ microphones will be live only for the candidate whose turn it is to speak and muted when the time belongs to another candidate

Candidates will not be permitted to ask questions of each other

Campaign staff may not interact with candidates during commercial breaks

Moderators will seek to enforce timing agreements and ensure a civilized discussion

There will be NO audience in the room
The real rules:

1) ABC will chastise Trump at every opportunity
2) ABC will accuse Trump of lying
3) ABC will fawn over Nob Goblin at every opportunity
4) Questions were provided weeks ago for Nob Goblin, and answers thoroughly rehearsed.
5) MSM will declare Nob Goblin the winner regardless of answers to questions
6) MSM will report a never before heard of 20 pts Nob Goblin "bump" in polls, within 5 mins of end of debate

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The real rules:

4) Questions were provided weeks ago for Nob Goblin, and answers thoroughly rehearsed.
6) MSM will report a never before heard of 20 pts Nob Goblin "bump" in polls, within 5 mins of end of debate

I suspect ABC will try to appear impartial but I'm willing to bet that Kamala will have the questions and be prepared. I'm not sure though how she can cover for her record or her flip flops. We'll see........

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I suspect ABC will try to appear impartial but I'm willing to bet that Kamala will have the questions and be prepared. I'm not sure though how she can cover for her record or her flip flops. We'll see........
ABC will ask her about her "flip flops" and she'll look down at her feet and point, "pretty stylish arnt they?"

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The real rules:

What do you set the odds of her finding a way to work in her condescending "excuse I'm talking (head nod)..I'm talking (cackle), thank you" phrase?

I'll say 5:1

"What can be, unburdened by what has been" at 9:1

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He's getting too defensive and avoiding direct questions

and they seem to be answers he could have easily given

I wish he was more precise and concise with his answers. Hyperbole doesnt convey the issue in a way thats convincing even when he's right

but he is what he is, I don't see minds changing on either side from this

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
and they seem to be answers he could have easily given

I wish he was more precise and concise with his answers. Hyperbole doesnt convey the issue in a way thats convincing even when he's right

but he is what he is, I don't see minds changing on either side from this
The casual viewer could be influenced. He should have forced her to detail her policies and then brought up how long she's been in politics without getting anything remotely close to her pie-in-the-sky ideas implemented.

Top Bottom