Reaction score
KBoz quote:

The Cowboys began their preparation for the Giants when they were practicing in Oxnard, Calif. The Giants were doing the same at their facility. At Monday’s practice, Bosworth said he had a good feel for the Cowboys’ offense.

“It’s going to be easy for me because I know what (the Giants) have and I’m sure they’re going to change up some stuff but in the same sense, I know their personnel, I know their coaches, so it’s going to be a really fun, exciting game,” Bosworth said. “I’m really thrilled to be a part of this team and playing against guys who I’ve played against or with the whole off-season is going to be very fun and exciting for me.”

There are a couple of very interesting ideas here that may show a turning point for Garrett as a coach. First, this is a new defensive look that the Giants have not seen yet and there is very little game tape on how Dallas will run it. There were references throughout the preseason of Dallas not showing their regular season strategies in the preseason. Second, for KBoz to have a good feel for the Dallas offense begs the question: What offense are the Giants preparing for? If the Giants have a basic idea of what to expect from Jason's scheme and formulaic playcalling from other years (which my nine year old daughter could also predict), then it is aggravating that it has taken this long to change, but Romo has said that this year is going to be different and preseason is showing nothing of what they will do in regular season.
If Garrett is aspiring to coach like Belichick or Fisher, then using KBoz for Giant info and keeping the team shrouded with the element of surprise is a great step.
IMO, we are going to see Romo take charge on the passing plays so that the previous system of "if defense does A, then offense counters with B" is a lot more variable and harder to predict. The running plays just by greater emphasis and reps are going to change the look of the offense as well.

I wonder what "good feel" for the Dallas offense means? I have a feeling the Giants have no idea what is coming.

Dallas 38
New York 19 (1 TD and 4 FGs)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Peter King with his annual mouth up Belichick's ass prediction of New England winning the super bowl.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ravens getting 8pts Thursday night. That's a lot of points. Denver doesn't have Dumervil anymore and Miller is suspended. Thinking Baltimore might be able to score at will.

Cant believe New England at Buffalo isn't off the board. New England -10 seems safe.

Love us -3 Sunday night.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ravens getting 8pts Thursday night. That's a lot of points. Denver doesn't have Dumervil anymore and Miller is suspended. Thinking Baltimore might be able to score at will.

Cant believe New England at Buffalo isn't off the board. New England -10 seems safe.

Love us -3 Sunday night.
Wait, is dbair a mid alt?

Reaction score
still haven't heard from her :tear

Was hoping that was going to turn into a regular. Oh well. Bitches be cray cray.

Speaking of, hs gf and I had a great weekend but then had a falling out of sorts when we were talking on the phone on the drive home and she said she'd pray I have a safe return which turned into me telling her I didn't think that would matter because God isn't real so now shes' been all up in arms about how she's upset I don't believe in God and shes so deeply religious.

We committed a lot of sins Friday and Saturday night, super religious chick.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
still haven't heard from her :tear

Was hoping that was going to turn into a regular. Oh well. Bitches be cray cray.

Speaking of, hs gf and I had a great weekend but then had a falling out of sorts when we were talking on the phone on the drive home and she said she'd pray I have a safe return which turned into me telling her I didn't think that would matter because God isn't real so now shes' been all up in arms about how she's upset I don't believe in God and shes so deeply religious.

We committed a lot of sins Friday and Saturday night, super religious chick.

Apparently when convenient

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Now that we've made todays moves, I've reconsidered my game prediction:

Cowboys 82, Giants 7

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Eli Manning's Kryptonite: The 'Tampa 2' Defense
JONATHAN CLEGGCON

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J.—Frustrated by another late-season collapse, fed up by a three-year playoff drought, the Dallas Cowboys made a major move this off-season by hiring Monte Kiffin as their new defensive coordinator.

In tabbing Kiffin, who is 73, to oversee their defense, the Cowboys have recruited one of the National Football League's most experienced and influential coaches to transform a unit that surrendered an average of 25 points a game in 2012.

But that's not all. By bringing Kiffin on board, the Cowboys have also acquired someone who may be the closest thing in pro football to Eli Manning's nemesis.

To football insiders, Kiffin is known as the father of the "Tampa 2" defense, a zone-based system that rose to prominence across the league during his time as defensive coordinator for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers under head coach Tony Dungy.

The scheme is built around a cadre of athletic linebackers who can hold up in pass coverage, a pair of tough, physical cornerbacks who can defend against the run, and two hard-hitting safeties to patrol each half of the field. For most of his 10-year NFL career, it has caused Manning nothing but headaches.

The Giants quarterback has played a dozen career games against teams that operated the Tampa 2 as their primary defense, and the results have been anything but pretty.

In 2007, Manning endured a gruesome afternoon against a Minnesota Vikings defense coached by Mike Tomlin, a former defensive assistant under Kiffin in Tampa Bay. He completed just 43% of his passes, with one touchdown and four interceptions.

Facing the Buffalo Bills later that year, Manning again struggled against the Tampa 2, completing seven passes for 111 yards and tossing two turnovers.

Then there was a night to forget against Chicago in 2006, when a Bears defense coached by former Tampa Bay assistant Lovie Smith befuddled Manning to such an extent that he connected on just 14 of 32 attempts for 121 yards and was intercepted twice. His passer rating of 28.3 was the fourth-lowest of his career.

In fact, in 12 career games against a Tampa 2 defense, Manning's passer rating has eclipsed 90.0 on just two occasions, he has surpassed 200 passing yards in a game only three times, and four of the eight worst performances of his career by quarterback rating came against the scheme Kiffin and Dungy developed in Tampa.

"Their scheme will be very sound and let their athletes run," Manning said ahead of Sunday's matchup with the Cowboys' new-look Tampa 2 defense. "We'll have to go in there and play our best football and see what they're going to do defensively."

Manning's struggles against the Tampa 2 have been largely forgotten in recent years as the scheme slowly disappeared from the NFL. Though almost a quarter of the league's 32 teams operated the Tampa 2 as their base defense in 2006, new rules limiting the use of aggressive, physical play in the secondary have rendered the scheme's hard-hitting safeties and cornerbacks largely obsolete.

In preparation for facing the Tampa 2, Manning said he would review tape of the Buccaneers under Kiffin as well as the USC defense he coached the past two years. "We've got to go back and look at some old film, some old Tampa stuff, some USC stuff. We have a lot of different film to look at," he said.

He didn't sound unduly flustered about facing a coach known for his pivotal role in developing the defensive scheme that has given him so much trouble. But there may be a simple reason for that: In his two career meetings with Kiffin's Tampa Bay teams, Manning never ended up on the losing side.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There's no way we beat the Giants by 3.5 points.

1) That's not possible

2) We'll win by at least two touchdowns

Reaction score
@clarencehilljr The cowboys are still hopeful that spencer can practice Thursday and play spot duty on Sunday

Top Bottom