Reaction score
The Musers were talking about Saban this morning. They said they had two different people who were plugged in to UT who said it's happening.

One who apparently works at the state capitol said that Saban was on campus this past weekend when Alabama was in College Station. The other lives in Dallas but is tight with UT. George said this guy said Saban is coming to UT. George responded, yeah I heard that rumor, we'll see. The guy was like... no, you don't understand. He's coming.

The Musers were speculating, with Saban making about $5.6 million per year and Mack Brown making $5.4 million, the bidding for Saban would probably start at $7-8 million, and possibly up to $10 mil.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hmm, I know they're definitely going after him, but who really knows if he's actually going. If anything I bet he just leverages this into a bigger contract from Bama.

Reaction score
This is apparently the longest Saban has been in any one place. I can't imagine anyone would rather live in Tuscaloosa than Austin. He's just the type who seems like he has to prove over and over how much of a genius he is.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I could see if, say, he wanted to prove he was an all-time great coach and thought he could do that better by rebuilding a program and winning a NC at a third school... But that's about it. He's over 60, I doubt he cares too much about how fancy the city is. Plus he's from West Virginia so he may not care about all the bright lights of Austin anyway.

I guess UT could simply blow him away with money that Bama can't match, but it's not like Bama doesn't have a lot of money themselves.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is apparently the longest Saban has been in any one place. I can't imagine anyone would rather live in Tuscaloosa than Austin. He's just the type who seems like he has to prove over and over how much of a genius he is.

I guess if you are a Longhorn fan, you can cling your hopes to that.

Doubt at his age and with the legacy he has now at Alabama he would remotely consider leaving for another college program. Texas has deep pockets, but so does Tuscaloosa

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Back onto the game thread.

Here's my prediction. STL plays a clean and close game, waiting for the Cowboys to make the mistake that seals it.

Tayvon Austin probably returns a punt, too.

Top Bottom