Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Too bad Reggie White won't be around to throw a fit.

Steroids really give you a bad temper.

Reaction score
Saban's def getting himself a raise. I doubt he cares to prove much at this point. If he did, I think he'd go back to the NFL, where he fell flat on his face.

It's funny how delusional Texas fans are about their football team.

Reaction score
I don't think it's likely... but I also don't think it's impossible like some in here seem to. Saban isn't known for his sense of loyalty.

Reaction score
Texas is not some highly-coveted destination like an OSU or Notre Dame.

The only arguments that I've heard this week are that "Austin is cooler than Tuscaloosa" and "we have the money and a friend of a friend's plumber said he totally visited the campus!"

It's a good program, but definitely overrated by the local fanbase. Plus, A&M is better in every way now. He could just as easily go to Delaware or somewhere random if he's looking for a challenge.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Texas is still Texas and Nick Saban going there would tilt the balance of power back to the Longhorns. Also, I think once Manziel goes, Sumlin will jump to a big money job (NFL), and they will be a middle of the pack SEC team.

Now I just need to figure out who can restore USC to national prominence.

Reaction score
Texas is not some highly-coveted destination like an OSU or Notre Dame.

The only arguments that I've heard this week are that "Austin is cooler than Tuscaloosa" and "we have the money and a friend of a friend's plumber said he totally visited the campus!"

It's a good program, but definitely overrated by the local fanbase. Plus, A&M is better in every way now. He could just as easily go to Delaware or somewhere random if he's looking for a challenge.

:jerkoff

Texas is the best job in college football. No other school can come close to the money and recruiting grounds.

A&M is the flavor of the week. Like cmd said, Manziel and Sumlin go and they'll be right back to where they were in the Big 12.

Reaction score
Also, I think once Manziel goes, Sumlin will jump to a big money job (NFL), and they will be a middle of the pack SEC team.

This is a huge possibility, but the point is that Texas is not going to be dominating the in-state talent pool now that A&M is popular and in a much better league. I think they'll go back to being Oklahoma's bitch for a few years now that all the Vince Young-era excitement has finally died down.

Plus, the HC job at Texas is not as glamorous as Texas fans think it is.

Alabama will pay him $10 million to stay, and the dude is 62 years old. Not sure why he'd want to leave just to spend 3-4 years building up another program. It would be easier to win in the shitty Big 12, but I doubt that's a concern for him, seeing that he seems to be winning just fine in the SEC.

It'll be fun to watch Texas flirt with him and then end up settling.

Now I just need to figure out who can restore USC to national prominence.

Chip Kelly is a huge possibility. He's already flaming out of the NFL, and the only reason he left Oregon is pretty obvious at this point. I'm sure he'll be looking for a job opening back in that league soon.

Top Bottom