dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good. I can't. Not opening day games.

What have you been a fan for like 20 minutes or something? There's a lot of season opening games worse than this.

We DID win the damn game. Beats the shit out of a loss.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I take my hat off to the Giants. They are a well-coached team. They commit 6 turnovers, but they keep battling back. If the Cowboys commit 6 turnovers, do you think we'd still be in the game?

I feel like the Dennis Green video where he screams about how we let them off!

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What have you been a fan for like 20 minutes or something? There's a lot of season opening games worse than this.

I've been following the team for 18 years, so, yeah.

Reaction score
I think our OL will stabilize a bit once we get rid of Bernachump...Free didn't play bad at all except when he got caught off balance blocking a D-lineman and a LB that weighted 70lbs less tossed him like a salad..

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I take my hat off to the Giants. They are a well-coached team. They commit 6 turnovers, but they keep battling back. If the Cowboys commit 6 turnovers, do you think we'd still be in the game?

I feel like the Dennis Green video where he screams about how we let them off!

We'd lie down and spread our legs like our defense did tonight.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I take my hat off to the Giants

I was surprised at how well their defense held together despite the massive time of possession advantage we had for most of the game. Looked like we were far more gassed on D than them in the 2nd half.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I saw it like the rest of you guys did. Others commented on it here too.

It looked like a well designed blitz play by the Giants

Speaking of blitz, that was beautiful by Bruce Carter when he sacked Eli. Now here comes the obvious question: why didn't we call it anymore? Like so many other good plays that are executed successfully, we don't run them anymore but that one time throughout the game.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is like a loss to me and playing like this wont even get us 8-8 again.

Keep cheerleading though, Dbair.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sure BB will post the video of the play for all to see

Nope. Now that the reg season has started, YouTube is once again automatically detecting and canceling my uploaded game clips. :-(

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I've been following the team for 18 years, so, yeah.

Then your a ******. Lost recently at NYJ, at Washington (only managed 7pts). There were those awful season opening losses in 04 and 06 when Parcells was here to Minnesota and Jacksonville

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I agree. But it still feels like a loss. I'm consoling myself in that it's the Giants, and they are going to play us tough no matter what. The Giants just gives us fits. I can't wait until Coughlin is gone, because I think they'll be a different team without him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Speaking of blitz, that was beautiful by Bruce Carter when he sacked Eli. Now here comes the obvious question: why didn't we call it anymore? Like so many other good plays that are executed successfully, we don't run them anymore but that one time throughout the game.

They blitzed some other times that I saw. I think after tonight and seeing how awful the safeties were in coverage, we might see less blitzing because they need to help those guys.

Top Bottom