cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure posting rumors is some sort of infraction.

Unless, you're from Tucson and have bonafide sources. Then you can post anything you like.

Same thing goes for namecalling.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This shouldn't even be an argument about whether Ryan needed to be fired. He did. That was the most unorganized, undisciplined defense I have ever seen. We signed a very good cornerback in the offseason and drafted another one 6th overall and then he didn't use them. We let them get picked apart because we only rushed three guys. He's a fat idiot. There are four reasons why he gets the attention he does: his last name is Ryan, he's fat, loud, and has long hair. Once you get past those four things, he's an awful coach.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
[video=youtube;SDoS0SRHhts]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SDoS0SRHhts#![/video]

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This shouldn't even be an argument about whether Ryan needed to be fired. He did. That was the most unorganized, undisciplined defense I have ever seen. We signed a very good cornerback in the offseason and drafted another one 6th overall and then he didn't use them. We let them get picked apart because we only rushed three guys. He's a fat idiot. There are four reasons why he gets the attention he does: his last name is Ryan, he's fat, loud, and has long hair. Once you get past those four things, he's an awful coach.

Agreed. The defense's overall philosophy seemed very flawed from the get go.

Reaction score
Today is so boring.

I want more heads chopped off.

And what was all that about Ryan fired quickly because we're in a race to replace him?

Twitterworld is silent.

lame

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
^^^^ this

this team is so pathetic, all of the joy and excitement is from the final game of the season through preseason...

once the actual games start, its nothing but hell

need more entertainment today

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I didn't understand all of the "Lovie is coming here" talk yesterday. I want him too but as long as there our HC openings why would he even start talking with us about the DC job?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't understand all of the "Lovie is coming here" talk yesterday. I want him too but as long as there our HC openings why would he even start talking with us about the DC job?

I guess they are speculating its down to Philly or nothing for him in terms of HC jobs.

Freddie

Practice Squad
Reaction score

If you don't believe that in the midst of the team firing their defensive coordinator, a team executive called me literally 2 minutes before the story broke because he felt the manager of the Brentwood Apartments should know first, and also told me that the team wants Lovie Smith, then thats on you. Quite frankly, I don't give a damn.

~flush~

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If you don't believe that in the midst of the team firing their defensive coordinator, a team executive called me literally 2 minutes before the story broke because he felt the manager of the Brentwood Apartments should know first, and also told me that the team wants Lovie Smith, then thats on you. Quite frankly, I don't give a damn.

~flush~

Dont let all these other rabble rousers get you down. I know I really appreciate all these riveting updates and scoops you provide.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score

~flush~

Appreciate your efforts, working the phones and all but could you go fix the leak in Apartment 23. It's kind of your job.

Reaction score
I don't think that Ryan obviously needed replacing. Seemed like he got a reasonable performance out of the talent he was given.

Honestly, I thought the defense looked surprisingly well coordinated and was relatively free of mental errors given just how many of the players had been picked up off of the street without benefit of training camp.

I wonder if Ryan made too many bad recommendations regarding which players the Cowboys should and should not pick up in free agency.

It is impossible to trust Jerry's judgement in such matters ... so, to me, it is a coin-flip as to whether firing Ryan was actual the right move.

A part of me thinks that Jerry felt a need to sacrifice someone after the team missed the playoffs -- and that since Jerry was unwilling to give up on his dreams of Garrett's eventual success, Ryan was the odd man out.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What's going to happen if we end up with someone out of nowhere that no one has talked about?

And then he is awful?

Jerry and Jason will never get back on the big screen, neither has been shown since the loss to the giants.

They tried to sneak Jerry in towards the end of the steelers game but it lasted for like 2 seconds.

Imagine how Jerry feels about not being able to be shown on his ridiculous video board in his billion dollar stadium because the boo's rain down?

That is why I really thought everyone was getting fired, he looked sick when he got booed and they never showed him again.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't think that Ryan obviously needed replacing. Seemed like he got a reasonable performance out of the talent he was given.

Honestly, I thought the defense looked surprisingly well coordinated and was relatively free of mental errors given just how many of the players had been picked up off of the street without benefit of training camp.

I wonder if Ryan made too many bad recommendations regarding which players the Cowboys should and should not pick up in free agency.

It is impossible to trust Jerry's judgement in such matters ... so, to me, it is a coin-flip as to whether firing Ryan was actual the right move.

A part of me thinks that Jerry felt a need to sacrifice someone after the team missed the playoffs -- and that since Jerry was unwilling to give up on his dreams of Garrett's eventual success, Ryan was the odd man out.
Good post.

I, too, wonder if Ryan had big input into the Carr and Claiborne acquisitions, and if Jerry didn't think he got his money's worth. Especially after he mentioned how much he was spending in that recent interview.

But I think it's scapegoating more than anything.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
the defense being a piece of shit - all season long - had absolutely no bearing on the decision to fire the guy who runs the unit

Top Bottom