touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Because it was England, there was no "good guy with gun" to stop the stabber.

Creeper

UDFA
Reaction score
Waiting to see if this ruling stands but some good news in the fight for the 2A.

https://news.yahoo.com/news/judge-ends-jersey-ban-one-170749340.html

I should note, NJ does not ban ARs. It bans some features common to ARs like adjustable stocks, flash suppressors, threaded barrels for attacking suppressors and bayonets, a second pistol grip, and large capacity magazines. You can purchase an AR 15 with these features removed. All other parts are the same as what the state considers an assault weapon, including the ammunition. The problem is, manufacturers to not make many NJ compliant modern rifles so finding one is difficult. Gunsmiths will customize regular ARs to me NJ laws, but this costs money, of course.

The new ruling, for the time being will keep the 10 round magazine limit, but allow all the other AR 15 features, meaning NJ residents will be able to by commonly manufactured rifles from dealers, making finding one a lot easier and cheaper.

Do I have a lot of confidence that this ruling will stick? No, but there is hope for the time being.

Creeper

UDFA
Reaction score
Did you know that in my home state of NJ, if someone breaks into your home to rob you of your possession and you have a gun, as I do, you are not allowed to shoot them? You are not allowed to fire a warning shot either. NJ is one of two states that will arrest you if you shoot a home invader. In NJ, you have an obligation to retreat. You also have an obligation to identify yourself and the intruder. The only time you can use your gun to shoot an intruder is if you (or someone else) are threatened with bodily harm. Even then you will be arrested and will have to prove the threat in court. You are not allowed to use a weapon to defend property.

Basically, in NJ you have the right to own a weapon but you are not permitted to use it against someone else under any circumstances. Basically, NJ has outlawed self-defense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you know that in my home state of NJ, if someone breaks into your home to rob you of your possession and you have a gun, as I do, you are not allowed to shoot them? You are not allowed to fire a warning shot either. NJ is one of two states that will arrest you if you shoot a home invader. In NJ, you have an obligation to retreat. You also have an obligation to identify yourself and the intruder. The only time you can use your gun to shoot an intruder is if you (or someone else) are threatened with bodily harm. Even then you will be arrested and will have to prove the threat in court. You are not allowed to use a weapon to defend property.

Basically, in NJ you have the right to own a weapon but you are not permitted to use it against someone else under any circumstances. Basically, NJ has outlawed self-defense.
Sounds like President Dipshit in Canada.

Answer to your problem is the same as Scot's. Leave that shithole state.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score

I thought that was changed.

Protecting Your Home: Governed by NJSA 2C:3-6, the state's self-defense law regarding protecting property is complex. You generally have the right to defend your property using force but you must request that the attacker leave the premises before taking action.

Shouting get the fuck out before I blast you stands as a request to leave.

Creeper

UDFA
Reaction score
I thought that was changed.

Shouting get the fuck out before I blast you stands as a request to leave.
Believe it or not NJ has the Castle Doctrine, but also the obligation to retreat, if you can make sense of that.

But in practice, if you fire your weapon you will be charged and you will be required to prove in a court of law that your actions were justified.

Here is the law, which is actually from the NJ Self-Defense bill that claims to give people the right to defend themselves and their property.

"(2) The use of deadly force is not justifiable under this section unless the actor reasonably believes that such force is necessary to protect himself against death or serious bodily harm; nor is it justifiable if:

(b) The actor knows that he can avoid the necessity of using such force with complete safety by retreating or by surrendering possession of a thing to a person asserting a claim of right thereto or by complying with a demand that he abstain from any action which he has no duty to take, except that:"

In other words, if you can avoid the use of force, or self-defense but giving in to the intruder then you are not permitted to use force against him. Lawyers will tell you that if you use force on an intruder instead of watching him remove all your possessions from your home, then you will be charged and wind up in court defending your actions.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Believe it or not NJ has the Castle Doctrine, but also the obligation to retreat, if you can make sense of that.

But in practice, if you fire your weapon you will be charged and you will be required to prove in a court of law that your actions were justified.

Here is the law, which is actually from the NJ Self-Defense bill that claims to give people the right to defend themselves and their property.

"(2) The use of deadly force is not justifiable under this section unless the actor reasonably believes that such force is necessary to protect himself against death or serious bodily harm; nor is it justifiable if:

(b) The actor knows that he can avoid the necessity of using such force with complete safety by retreating or by surrendering possession of a thing to a person asserting a claim of right thereto or by complying with a demand that he abstain from any action which he has no duty to take, except that:"

In other words, if you can avoid the use of force, or self-defense but giving in to the intruder then you are not permitted to use force against him. Lawyers will tell you that if you use force on an intruder instead of watching him remove all your possessions from your home, then you will be charged and wind up in court defending your actions.
In reality, no one knows whether or not the dead intruder on your floor was behaving violently or not. No one has time to sit them down and interview them about their motives for breaking in to your house.

It's very convoluted and makes zero sense. Just another brain-dead piece of legislation intended to criminalize you exercising your rights.

Creeper

UDFA
Reaction score
In reality, no one knows whether or not the dead intruder on your floor was behaving violently or not. No one has time to sit them down and interview them about their motives for breaking in to your house.

It's very convoluted and makes zero sense. Just another brain-dead piece of legislation intended to criminalize you exercising your rights.
Of course. NJ is a liberal state and liberals make no sense. The pay lip service to things like self-defense when in reality liberals believe criminals are victims and victims are criminals if they resist.

touchdown

Reaction score
The father of the 14-year-old student accused of opening fire at Apalachee High School in Winder, Georgia, has been arrested and charged with murder in connection with the deadly shooting, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation announced Thursday.

Colin Gray, 54, was charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter, two counts of second-degree murder and eight counts of cruelty to children, the GBI said.

At a news conference on Thursday evening, Chris Hosey, director of the GBI said that the father was arrested for "knowingly allowing his son, Colt, to possess a weapon."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
^^^^

By the way almost all talk of this has disappeared, even locally.

Why? Because the cats out of the bag that the perp is apparently another he/she/it

touchdown

Reaction score
Barrow County Superior Court Judge Currie Mingledorff told the teen he could get life in prison if convicted -- the maximum sentence due to Gray's age. For adults, the death penalty would have been possible.

With victims' families in the courtroom, Colt Gray appeared briefly in handcuffs and chains wearing a green shirt and tan pants.

Judge Mingledorff told Colin Gray he could get 30 years in prison for each second-degree murder count and up to 10 years on the involuntary manslaughter counts. He also faces up to 10 years on each of eight counts of cruelty to children.

The defendants did not enter pleas and they did not request bond during the hearings.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/202...g-hearing-Colt-Gray-Colin-Gray/2311725634327/

Creeper

UDFA
Reaction score
The father of the 14-year-old student accused of opening fire at Apalachee High School in Winder, Georgia, has been arrested and charged with murder in connection with the deadly shooting, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation announced Thursday.

Colin Gray, 54, was charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter, two counts of second-degree murder and eight counts of cruelty to children, the GBI said.

At a news conference on Thursday evening, Chris Hosey, director of the GBI said that the father was arrested for "knowingly allowing his son, Colt, to possess a weapon."

To me this is a tough call. The father has to be held accountable for buying the gun for his kid after getting a visit from the FBI about a possible school shooting. What they heck was the father thinking? Get the 14 year old a BB gun or a pellet rifle, but an AR-15? The father must be incredibly stupid or something.

But still, charging the father with the actual murders is harsh, IMO. I suspect he will be found guilty, based on my first point about him buying the gun for his 14 year old. I will be interesting to see how the prosecution tries the case and what defense his lawyers mount. But I worry that a case like this is a slippery slope to charging gun manufacturers for these crimes which is a stated goal of Democrats, and means of bankrupting the gun makers making guns scarce and expensive. It is a means of killing the 2nd amendment without actually changing the laws.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^^^

By the way almost all talk of this has disappeared, even locally.

Why? Because the cats out of the bag that the perp is apparently another he/she/it

I've seen and heard that and someone sent me a social media photo but I can't say it's real. The bottom line is I believe nothing the MSM and/or law enforcement tell me any more. Remember.......the FBI is stumped at a motive for Trump's would be assassin.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Libtardism is a disease. It has to be eradicated.

I'm torn between anger at the confiscation and kudos for the lady that shot the intruder so since I can only choose one emoji, here's a high five for that lady:

High Five Sacha Baron Cohen GIF by filmeditor

Creeper

UDFA
Reaction score
Libtardism is a disease. It has to be eradicated.

How can they confiscate her gun in America?

But like I said, if she lived in NJ she would be under arrest, and subject to a lawsuit. Liberal states do not believe in self-defense. They believe you need to be harmed before you can defend yourself.

I was telling my wife this yesterday and she said, just shoot the intruder and bury him in the backyard. No one has to know. It sounds like a good plan, but no one should have to hide the fact they defended their property or themselves from harm. Self-defense is the fundamental right of every human being on Earth.

Top Bottom