Aggiepride

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The last two times we played the Pats we put up a shitload of points because he didn't have the talent. He'd face the same problem in Dallas.
I haven't seen a coach yet who was so good that he really “could take his’n and beat your’n, then take your’n and beat his’n.”

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The last two times we played the Pats we put up a shitload of points because he didn't have the talent. He'd face the same problem in Dallas.
We scored two defensive tds on them last yr and the yr we beat them in 2021 they took us to OT despite us having almost 600 yds of offense and holding the ball for nearly 40 mins

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't seen a coach yet who was so good that he really “could take his’n and beat your’n, then take your’n and beat his’n.”
The best coaches are the best coaches because they get more out of players than bad coaches.

It helps to have great talent, but when you have elite coaches some of those "elite talents" get that way because of said coach's ability to put them in great positions to win and motivate guys to run through walls.

There's been one coach that won a super bowl with an "elite" roster than had zero impact on that team's ability to win. And we all know who that was.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Similarly, we have seen all too often what happens when you have a fairly talented team coached by morons.

One juggernaut dynasty was completely shredded because of a total goober as HC.

We had a very high level of talent from 2007 to 2009 and went nowhere. Jason Garrett had teams win 12 and 13 games and go nowhere. McCarthy had enough talent to win 12 games three seasons in a row but ultimately went nowhere.

Jimmy Johnson or coaches like him would have been in multiple conference championship games and probably had won a super bowl or two with the same rosters those clod coaches flopped with.

SamWhittemore1793

Spectator
Reaction score
I just don't see what scheme advantage Fats provides ? Good coaches offer you a scheme advantage on one side of the ball ...

BB would obv provide one as his defenses over performed even the year he was "fired"

Aggiepride

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Similarly, we have seen all too often what happens when you have a fairly talented team coached by morons.

One juggernaut dynasty was completely shredded because of a total goober as HC.

We had a very high level of talent from 2007 to 2009 and went nowhere. Jason Garrett had teams win 12 and 13 games and go nowhere. McCarthy had enough talent to win 12 games three seasons in a row but ultimately went nowhere.

Jimmy Johnson or coaches like him would have been in multiple conference championship games and probably had won a super bowl or two with the same rosters those clod coaches flopped with.
It depends on who you're going up against too. Dallas might have been talented, but others had more, or equal, talent. Give the other guy some credit. Jimmy didn't win in Miami.

Aggiepride

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I just don't see what scheme advantage Fats provides ? Good coaches offer you a scheme advantage on one side of the ball ...

BB would obv provide one as his defenses over performed even the year he was "fired"
I assume fats means McCarthy. If I recall correctly, McCarthy is fond of adapting his scheme to the players rather than finding players who fit the scheme. There are pros and cons to each way.

I personally favor having a scheme and finding players who fit it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It depends on who you're going up against too. Dallas might have been talented, but others had more, or equal, talent. Give the other guy some credit. Jimmy didn't win in Miami.
He made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years there and won two playoff games.

One more than McCarthy has one here so far.

Top Bottom