Aggiepride

In the Rotation
Reaction score
“The Cowboys never called at all,” Derrick Henry revealed to “Mad Dog Radio” back in March 2024, dropping a bombshell that left Dallas fans scratching their heads. Fast forward to September 23, 2024, and Jerry Jones is finally singing a different tune, albeit one that sounds suspiciously like a country song about being broke.

The saga began in the offseason when Henry, a Dallas resident, expressed interest in joining America’s Team. “That’s where I stay in the offseason. I’m at the back end of my career. That’s a great organization. It would have been a great opportunity,” Henry had said. But Jerry and Co. ghosted the running back. Instead, they opted to bring back Ezekiel Elliott on a budget-friendly one-year, $3 million deal.

Good info. Something is amiss in Big D. I don't know the exact details, but Jordan Phillips apparently said his wrist is fine, yet Dallas out him on IR. Perhaps people aren't communicating the way they should or people are lying.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
when asked to explain further, jerry described his favorite position with the team as, "over a barrel"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The entire Dallas Cowboys organization is culturally bankrupt! JJ and SJ are 100% responsible for this debacle. You can point fingers all day long at Mike McCarthy or Mike Zimmer but they are not the problem. This team lacks talent on the defensive line and running back and most importantly…..Quarterback! In addition there is zero accountability and JJ obviously doesn’t care. JJ is a terrible owner/ general manager. He just continues to trip over his ego. Like my ole high school football coach used to say…” you can’t win the Kentucky Derby with a bunch of mules.” Well not only do the Cowboys have a bunch of mules on the team, they also have a pair of mules in ownership pretending to be general managers. With a Thursday night butt whipping looming this ship is going down fast. Thank you JJ and SJ for putting Cowboys fans out of our misery early. At least we can look forward to an early draft pick next year where hopefully you will draft a real franchise QB. Oh wait…. I forgot that won’t happen because your current QB owns you and you wouldn’t want to hurt his feelings.
Bill Belichick just said they have plenty of talent

The problem is 100% the culture and a mediocre coaching staff.

Now Prescott is not worth anywhere what he got paid but he shouldn't be this bad right now either.

The whole franchise is soft mentally and physically, it's part of the Jones disease of coddling everyone and creating the cupcake environment that he has enabled for nearly 3 decades now.

Aggiepride

In the Rotation
Reaction score
when asked to explain further, jerry described his favorite position with the team as, "over a barrel"

If Jerry didn't have such a huge ego, he'd hire a GM for no other reason that it would give him someone else to put the blame on and fire.

Aggiepride

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Bill Belichick just said they have plenty of talent

The problem is 100% the culture and a mediocre coaching staff.

Now Prescott is not worth anywhere what he got paid but he shouldn't be this bad right now either.

The whole franchise is soft mentally and physically, it's part of the Jones disease of coddling everyone and creating the cupcake environment that he has enabled for nearly 3 decades now.
I heard Bill say that. I don't believe he was being truthful. I even thought that maybe Bill is pulling a Jimmy Johnson and sabotaging McCarthy (not defending McCarthy). Jimmy sabotaged Shula.

I don't know how anyone looks at this team as says they have plenty of talent. Yes, they have talent, but not plenty. You look at our DTs and where is the talent? Osa is primarily a pass rusher. Guyton and Beebe could become all-world, but they are learning. Beebe might really struggle against the Commander's interior.

Running backs? Did Bill think Zeke was great in New England?

I don't see it. I think Bill either wasn't really thinking and made an offhanded comment or he was intentionally playing psyche games.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I heard Bill say that. I don't believe he was being truthful. I even thought that maybe Bill is pulling a Jimmy Johnson and sabotaging McCarthy (not defending McCarthy). Jimmy sabotaged Shula.

I don't know how anyone looks at this team as says they have plenty of talent. Yes, they have talent, but not plenty. You look at our DTs and where is the talent? Osa is primarily a pass rusher. Guyton and Beebe could become all-world, but they are learning. Beebe might really struggle against the Commander's interior.

I don't see it. I think Bill either wasn't really thinking and made an offhanded comment or he was intentionally playing psyche games.
I think Bill is saying we have plenty of talent relative to the rest of the league.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I think he is saying they have plenty of talent to be playing at a far better level than this, especially defensively.

I don't think he is saying they are "elite" or "best in the league" but come on, this team has been royally bitch slapped the last 3 home games and none of those teams was a juggernaut, or even close to it. There'd have been no shame in losing close hard fought games that went down to the wire, but the way they got beat is evidence of something far more concerning than talent level.

Aggiepride

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I think he is saying they have plenty of talent to be playing at a far better level than this, especially defensively.

I don't think he is saying they are "elite" or "best in the league" but come on, this team has been royally bitch slapped the last 3 home games and none of those teams was a juggernaut, or even close to it. There'd have been no shame in losing close hard fought games that went down to the wire, but the way they got beat is evidence of something far more concerning than talent level.
Time will tell. If we see Billichick hired and he is changing out a lot of players, then we need to ask why is he changing out so many players if the talent is there?

The Cowboys' run defense is ranked 29th. It doesn't take a mastermind to know what Brian Daboll will try.

Drafting Mazi Smith should put an end to fans screaming for a 1 tech in round 1. I hope he figures it out soon.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Mazi is ranked 123 out of 124 defensive lineman in the league.

For how well we draft o lineman, we sure as hall can’t draft d lineman.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mazi is ranked 123 out of 124 defensive lineman in the league.

For how well we draft o lineman, we sure as hall can’t draft d lineman.
i dont know if it was posted here or not but the cowboys have the bottom 3 DT in the nfl - linval joseph, mazi, and phillips

Aggiepride

In the Rotation
Reaction score
even Belichick couldn't win with those chumps
If a team can't run and can't stop the run, it has problems. Naturally, a team can overcome it by maybe having an excellent passing attack, which we did last year (but we also had Pollard), but this year Dak might have less time because of 2 rookies starting (hopefully that will change as the season goes on).

On the other side, maybe not stopping the run can be compensated for by having shut down CBs, but Bland is hurt this year and is Diggs really 100 percent or is there a drop off? I can't help thinking of Michael Gallup.

Hindsight is 20/20 but no owner would have kept Jerry employed for all these years as a GM.

Aggiepride

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Belichick could win with you and I out there playing
Bill was fired from the Browns and although he was not technically fired from NE, he was. Not Tom Landry, not Chuck Noll, not Don Shula could win when the talent wasn't there. Scheme can only do so much. This is why we saw guys like George Siefert and Mooch suck after San Fran.

We are sad at two important positions: RB and DT. Teams (assuming they have a good running game) can take advantage of that. The pass rush is only effective if the other team is throwing. Micah Parsons becomes useless at DE if the other team is running.

I'd like to see Luepke used like we used Robert Newhouse and I'd like to see Deuce Vaughan play. Perhaps a little Mercury Morris and Larry Csonka action or Warrick Dunn/Mike Alstot. I think it would be worth a try. The defense needs to be protected, which means it can't be on the field trying to stop long drives.

Top Bottom