Aggiepride

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Big Bill is wrong about the talent thing. We can beat the bottom feeders in the league but not the glitterati.
I assume that you are going back to last year. I don't want to write a long post. But I think you'll find that is several of those blowout games we played teams who, in essence, had no true QB. We got off to a lead, got maybe a special teams play, then the other team had to take chances with no real viable QB.

That must have happened 3 or 4 times last year. One team is the Giants. It would have been like the Eagles making a big deal out of beating a Cowboys team led by Ben DiNucci making his first start.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
BB is right. Zim is your next interim HC. And any HC that comes here is just going to be another HC casualty of this sub par QB who they'll be stuck with for the next 5 years. This team is in bad, bad shape.
Both you bitches are banned if this happens

Aggiepride

In the Rotation
Reaction score
If a team can't run the ball then the team needs to have a great passing attack that can eat the clock. One of the hallmarks of the great Niners teams was that they had a lot of short passes that were as good as a handoff.

If a team can't stop the run, it needs to score on offense and eat the clock to give the defense a breather and a shot.

I wonder if the answer is Luepke. Feed him the rock. Let him get 3.5 a carry. Maybe some old school ball? Maybe also get Duece involved.

One of my favorite players of all time passed away. Mercury Morris. I was a kid watching Mercury and Larry Csonka on my black and white TV. It was usually Csonka up the gut with two arms around the football, then the speed of Mercury on the edge. Then Bob Griese would toast the defense with a bomb to Paul Warfield.

Boring ass football, but it worked.

Aggiepride

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I don't believe they can possibly justify Zimmer for that. The defense is beyond horrible.

Nobody should laugh, but it wouldnt shock me if Garrett is named interim HC. In Jones' mind he will justify it by saying he never fired Garrett before and that he will remember how replacing Wade with him in 2010 gave the team a little boost.

Zimmer and Garrett know each other well and Prescott/Zeke both love the red headed twit.
Jason Garrett won't take an interim job and leave his gig. He likes what he is doing and he is already rich. He doesn't need the aggravation.

Aggiepride

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It's hard to take precise screenshots of what I want to show, but this is the long stiff arm run by Henry. I'll leave the analysis to others. But to me, Osa got manhandled and D-Ware was pushed away by Chauncey Golston. Do you see the smallish Micah Parsons? He is hard to see because he is also being manhandled by the Ravens 79. If you look closely, you can see the corner of Micah's helmet. At this point, Henry is already past 5 players and 77 is about to take Damone Clark out. Mazi Smith is stalemated.

1727121057595.png

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jason Garrett won't take an interim job and leave his gig. He likes what he is doing and he is already rich. He doesn't need the aggravation.
He may like what he is doing but nobody else does...just read the twitter comments every time after he speaks

I never thought it was possible he could do anything worse than coach, but I may have been wrong

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's hard to take precise screenshots of what I want to show, but this is the long stiff arm run by Henry. I'll leave the analysis to others. But to me, Osa got manhandled and D-Ware was pushed away by Chauncey Golston. Do you see the smallish Micah Parsons? He is hard to see because he is also being manhandled by the Ravens 79. If you look closely, you can see the corner of Micah's helmet. At this point, Henry is already past 5 players and 77 is about to take Damone Clark out. Mazi Smith is stalemated.

View attachment 14972
I dont think they watch any film of games nor do i think they practice worth a shit...they probably complain to Jerry about both and he gives them a hall pass for it time and time again

Aggiepride

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The good news is that at least we aren't the Jaguars. Doug Pederson should be fired immediately after the game if the Jags can't at least make it respectable. I'm also a Buffalo Bills fan. I used to have season tickets. The Bills are good, but not this good. It's half-time as I write this and the score is 34 to 3.

Aggiepride

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Oh, BTW, per Spotrac, in 2024 Josh Allen has a cap hit of 30 million. In 2025 Josh Allen has a cap hit of 60.7 million

In 2024, Dak has a cap hit of 43 million. In 2025 Dak has a cap hit of 89 million. Even if we pretend that Dak is better than Josh, is he 13 million better in 2024 and nearly 30 million better in 2025?

I heard some guy say that Jerry could have signed Derrick Henry had Jerry signed Dak sooner. IDK, I have a feeling Dak's agent started high in the negotiation, not low. He likely knew that time was on his side, given that Dak had a guaranteed salary of something like 60 million the agent was likely in no hurry to be reasonable.

As a fan of Buffalo, I know that Josh went into the negotiations saying publicly that he wanted a team friendly deal (within reason).

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
“The Cowboys never called at all,” Derrick Henry revealed to “Mad Dog Radio” back in March 2024, dropping a bombshell that left Dallas fans scratching their heads. Fast forward to September 23, 2024, and Jerry Jones is finally singing a different tune, albeit one that sounds suspiciously like a country song about being broke.

The saga began in the offseason when Henry, a Dallas resident, expressed interest in joining America’s Team. “That’s where I stay in the offseason. I’m at the back end of my career. That’s a great organization. It would have been a great opportunity,” Henry had said. But Jerry and Co. ghosted the running back. Instead, they opted to bring back Ezekiel Elliott on a budget-friendly one-year, $3 million deal.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Al Harris is already the assistant HC. If they shit can MM it will be him as the interim HC
Possibly, although Harris is a McCarthy guy. The DB's supposedly love him (although they are playing like shit for the most part right now).

Like Zimmer, I'm not sure how they can justify him being the interim HC. If I had to guess I'd say it would be that idiot Schottenheimer or maybe Fassell (who's actually the only coach doing his job worth a shit)

I still wouldnt be completely shocked if it was the Red Headed Clod as interim HC.

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
The entire Dallas Cowboys organization is culturally bankrupt! JJ and SJ are 100% responsible for this debacle. You can point fingers all day long at Mike McCarthy or Mike Zimmer but they are not the problem. This team lacks talent on the defensive line and running back and most importantly…..Quarterback! In addition there is zero accountability and JJ obviously doesn’t care. JJ is a terrible owner/ general manager. He just continues to trip over his ego. Like my ole high school football coach used to say…” you can’t win the Kentucky Derby with a bunch of mules.” Well not only do the Cowboys have a bunch of mules on the team, they also have a pair of mules in ownership pretending to be general managers. With a Thursday night butt whipping looming this ship is going down fast. Thank you JJ and SJ for putting Cowboys fans out of our misery early. At least we can look forward to an early draft pick next year where hopefully you will draft a real franchise QB. Oh wait…. I forgot that won’t happen because your current QB owns you and you wouldn’t want to hurt his feelings.

Top Bottom