Aggiepride

In the Rotation
Reaction score
He hasn't been good for like 4 years ... Tyron was the same thing ... living on reputation
Since I am in the mood to do research, I decided to research Tyron Smith. The fact is Tyron Smith is ranked among the top offensive tackles for the 2024 NFL season.

His pass-blocking grade of 89.3 in 2023 was the highest among all offensive tackles. His overall PFF grade for 2023 was 83.7.

In 2024, (obviously the season isn't over yet and the Jets are still gelling their OL) Tyron's overall PFF grade is 80.4. In PASS PROTECTION, Tyron's grade is 89.3. THAT IS THE HIGHEST AMONG ALL OFFENSIVE TACKLES

Oh, and his run blocking grade is 71.4, which is not shabby either. Tyron Smith still has game! Let's admit it. Jerry cleared cap space for Dak, Lamb and others. But Tyron Smith can still play for at least a couple more years.

SamWhittemore1793

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was always worried about replacing 2 out of 5 OL with rookies, especially at left tackle and also having a questionable RT.

How does PFF rank Tyron Smith?
Tyron Smith is not good and hasn't been good for a while ... PFF grading system is hot garbage, they used to tell you Anthony Brown was a good corner (P.S. he is out the league)

SamWhittemore1793

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I did some research to see if you are right.

KaVontae Turpin is reported to be 5'9 and 153 lbs. Keep in mind that some teams exaggerate the player's height and weight. By the way, I've also seen Turpin listed at 5'7.

1. Deonte Harty (Deonte Harris) – 5'6", 170 lbs

2. Marquise "Hollywood" Brown – 5'9", 170 lbs

3. Tyreek Hill – 5'10", 185 lbs

4. Greg Dortch – 5'7", 175 lbs

5. Rondale Moore – 5'7", 180 lb

6 Isaiah McKenzie – 5'8", 173 lbs

7. Kalif Raymond – 5'8", 182 lbs

8. Jayden Reed – 5'10", 187 lbs

9 Jahan Dotson – 5'11", 182 lbs

10 Tutu Atwell – 5'9", 165 lbs

So, now if you do some more research on the average number of snaps, you'll see that someone like Deonte Harty has averaged around 6 offensive snaps per game this season. However, most of his contributions come on special teams,

But to support your point, Greg Dortch, a wide receiver for the Arizona Cardinals, has been averaging around 40 snaps per game during the 2024 season. he is mostly a slot guy and I don't know how good he is. He seems rather average looking at the stats.

So who else is close in size? maybe Tutu Atwell (still bigger than Turpin)? Okay, he is averaging 50+ snaps. But the Rams are forcing that to happen because Kupp and Nacua are both hurt. Oh, and it looks like Atwell has 17 catches in 5 games with 281 yards.

You might say what about Tyreek Hill. Tyreek Hill is built like a rock. There is a big difference between their builds.

Did I miss any WRs that are playing 50+ snaps on offense who are Turpin's size?

Your hypothesis doesn't hold up!
A whopping 10 lbs lols ... you are a clown

SamWhittemore1793

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Since I am in the mood to do research, I decided to research Tyron Smith. The fact is Tyron Smith is ranked among the top offensive tackles for the 2024 NFL season.

His pass-blocking grade of 89.3 in 2023 was the highest among all offensive tackles. His overall PFF grade for 2023 was 83.7.

In 2024, (obviously the season isn't over yet and the Jets are still gelling their OL) Tyron's overall PFF grade is 80.4. In PASS PROTECTION, Tyron's grade is 89.3. THAT IS THE HIGHEST AMONG ALL OFFENSIVE TACKLES

Oh, and his run blocking grade is 71.4, which is not shabby either. Tyron Smith still has game! Let's admit it. Jerry cleared cap space for Dak, Lamb and others. But Tyron Smith can still play for at least a couple more years.
PFF told you Anthony Brown was good at football lols ... no wonder you have such retarded takes

SamWhittemore1793

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Watch the left tackle we are about to play in a few weeks if you want to see a good left tackle ...

P.S. You saw a dominant one last night too, running left all day :) (Jets cant run left, Dallas couldn't run left ... what a coinkidink)

Aggiepride

In the Rotation
Reaction score
PFF told you Anthony Brown was good at football lols ... no wonder you have such retarded takes
You have insulted me twice now, The fact is that Anthony Brown was, at one time, a good player.

Did you play the game at any level? Instead of admitting that you are wrong in the face of evidence, you double down. I'll leave it to others to assess your intelligence and knowledge of the game.

Aggiepride

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Watch the left tackle we are about to play in a few weeks if you want to see a good left tackle ...

P.S. You saw a dominant one last night too, running left all day :) (Jets cant run left, Dallas couldn't run left ... what a coinkidink)
Did anyone say that Tyron Smith is the best in the NFL? I don't think so, but he is up there and better than either OT we have.

If Tyron is top 5, I'll take that. Heck, top 10. Name me 10 better than Tyron Smith based on actual stats, not on what you think you see in your head.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tyron Smith is not good and hasn't been good for a while ... PFF grading system is hot garbage, they used to tell you Anthony Brown was a good corner (P.S. he is out the league)
Dude, just stop.

You can complain about his missed game counts, but the dude is legit bigtime stud when he is on the field and he's going to be a 1st ballot HoF.

Dude erases everyone. I don't think he's quite the run blocking force he was earlier in his career, but his pass blocking is nearly flawless regardless of who he goes against.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You have insulted me twice now, The fact is that Anthony Brown was, at one time, a good player.

Did you play the game at any level? Instead of admitting that you are wrong in the face of evidence, you double down. I'll leave it to others to assess your intelligence and knowledge of the game.
Aggie, you are not wrong on this.

daboyz

MAGA 🇺🇸
Reaction score

Had to peek who you replied to & was right. I put that 🤡 on ignore. He's been "insulting" many members since he joined. Reality from The Zone must have banned him. Narcissistic know it all!

SamWhittemore1793

Practice Squad
Reaction score

No Anthony Brown was never a good player, you get your takes from fat kids on twitter ... I watch tape

LOLs

SamWhittemore1793

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Did anyone say that Tyron Smith is the best in the NFL? I don't think so, but he is up there and better than either OT we have.

If Tyron is top 5, I'll take that. Heck, top 10. Name me 10 better than Tyron Smith based on actual stats, not on what you think you see in your head.
Lineman don't have "stats" ... you are comically stupid <3

PFF grade are not stats ******

SamWhittemore1793

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Not really, and if it did then nobody cares.

But anyone can see with their eyeballs that Tyron Smith is a legend and is still damn good on the field.
Yes they did, they have an awful grading system that is ran by clowns. Each team has their own "grader", it is not one system done by the same few people. You like most clueless people who get their takes from them don't know much about the game ...

daboyz

MAGA 🇺🇸
Reaction score
But anyone can see with their eyeballs that Tyron Smith is a legend and is still damn good on the field.
He's the best LT when healthy. Smith was graded as the fourth-best offensive tackle in 2023 by Pro Football Focus and ranked first in pass blocking and 24th in run blocking. He ranked second in run block win rate among tackles, according to ESPN. He allowed only one sack, one QB hit and 16 pressures in 536 pass-blocking snaps last season.

SamWhittemore1793

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Not really, and if it did then nobody cares.

I
He's the best LT when healthy. Smith was graded as the fourth-best offensive tackle in 2023 by Pro Football Focus and ranked first in pass blocking and 24th in run blocking. He ranked second in run block win rate among tackles, according to ESPN. He allowed only one sack, one QB hit and 16 pressures in 536 pass-blocking snaps last season.
Oh look the female gets her takes from the exact same place ... hilarious none of you actually watch tape

Top Bottom