dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Guess Tebow didn't want to play DT here:

NFL | Tim Tebow staying at QB
Thu, 05 Sep 2013 17:44:39 -0700
Free-agent QB Tim Tebow (Patriots) was contacted by an undisclosed team to see if he would be willing to change positions, but Tebow turned down the inquiry because he wants to stay a quarterback.
Comment | Source: SI.com - Peter King | Share

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2e4su4Wwy

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Too bad for ass muncher Jim Harbaugh. I hope your QB and every other guy in the league that runs this shit gets obliterated.

Excerpt from PFT:

Players on the Packers have been talking about hitting 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, and San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh is not happy about that. But the NFL has some bad news for Harbaugh: Taking hits comes with the territory of being a read-option quarterback.

In an officiating video distributed to the media, NFL Vice President of Officiating Dean Blandino says that read-option quarterbacks can be hit like runners, even if they don’t have the ball. If a quarterback who handed off or pitched the ball is still carrying out a fake in a running posture, he can be tackled the same way he would be if he still had the ball.

“He is still treated as a runner until he is clearly out of the play,” Blandino said. “The quarterback makes the pitch, he’s still a runner — he can be hit like a runner until he’s clearly out of the play.”

Blandino noted that if the offense is running a play designed to keep the defense guessing about who’s getting the ball, it’s only fair for the defense to be allowed to tackle both players who might have the ball.

read the rest here:

http://profootballtalk.nbcspor...t-like-runners/

Reaction score
If we think Eli lights us up at times wait until Peyton gets a chance...By that time we should be down 5 or 6 more defensive starters..

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Same, except I'm on the west coast.

I don't like football enough anymore to watch a game not involving the Cowboys.

I'm the opposite -- love the game as much as ever, just pissed off at the Cowboys. Last couple years I've watched more games than ever that don't involve us.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If we think Eli lights us up at times wait until Peyton gets a chance...By that time we should be down 5 or 6 more defensive starters..

Actually Peyton has had his worse games against the Cowboys. Has Peyton Manning every beaten the Cowboys? IIRC, Sean Lee's coming out party was against Peyton. And I think in every game that Lee has faced Manning (two games), Lee has netted an INT.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Has to be one of the worst opening day performances ever for a defending super bowl champion

Ravens had the looks of a 4-12 team out there tonight

Reaction score
How old are you and just DVr it and watch it in the morning

I have a DVR, but lack interest in the game ... so no next day watching for me.

Same, except I'm on the west coast.

I don't like football enough anymore to watch a game not involving the Cowboys.

I don't like today's NFL so much either. I like watching SEC football games more and usually will see several a weekend. But even some SEC games look like Canadian football. Ole Miss vs. Vandy is a recent example.

Was pushed back to 8:55, and now it's pushed back to 9:10.

I dodged a bullet.

Idk its a bit like pinball with the inflated numbers .

Yeah. That's a big part of what I don't like so much about today's NFL. When I stopped playing fantasy football a couple of years ago, my interest in the overall league took a major hit.

But I am still a Cowboys fan to the core.

Reaction score
That's good news, dbair. I like it.

I hate to say it, but I've got a good feeling about this game vs the Giants. I think the Cowboys will win this one.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I wouldn't even be surprised if we do to the Giants what the Broncs did to the Ravens last night.

Problem then is going to be everyone jumping on the team's bandwagon and telling them how wonderful they are.

Reaction score
I didnt' watch the game. I saw some of it. Tuned in right when Baltimore got their first TD. Then I watched about 5 minutes.

I just can't get into AFC football.

And really... without any money on the games, they are a lot less interesting. I was asleep by 10pm

Reaction score
I wouldn't even be surprised if we do to the Giants what the Broncs did to the Ravens last night.

Problem then is going to be everyone jumping on the team's bandwagon and telling them how wonderful they are.

I know that you haven't been a big fan of Garrett's RKG, but I think maybe the current crew would be less susceptible to the wonderful talk than were Wade's teams.

It would be great if we get the chance to find out.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Guess Tebow didn't want to play DT here:

NFL | Tim Tebow staying at QB
Thu, 05 Sep 2013 17:44:39 -0700
Free-agent QB Tim Tebow (Patriots) was contacted by an undisclosed team to see if he would be willing to change positions, but Tebow turned down the inquiry because he wants to stay a quarterback.
Comment | Source: SI.com - Peter King | Share

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2e4su4Wwy

I don't blame him. He's so good at it.

Top Bottom