Reaction score
The Denver game last year was on the NFLNetwork recently. Romo came back over and over again and the defense kept surrendering quick scores. Yes, Romo threw yet another critical pick at the end of the game but that was a great play by Danny Trevathan. He threw for 500 yards, 5 TD's, and brought us back from a 3rd quarter 15-point deficit. If the defense made a single stop down the stretch, Romo would have never been in that position.

I know the message board/internet causes everyone to be extremists, this side or that side. I'm not excusing Romo. I'm just saying he's at most, the 4th biggest reason for why this team loses.

And the biggest reason why they win

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So the Romo bashers are bbgun, doomsday, dbair, the world

and the Romo apologists are myself, Sheik, pep, junk, Middie, MB4, and everlasting

Who am I forgetting?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dude, look at my posts early in the thread. I think I am being damned fair, not outright bashing.

I also called us "apologists". I was exaggerating, although some will say not in our case.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I also called us "apologists". I was exaggerating, although some will say not in our case.
I think most everyone here's been halfway reasonable actually. Even the admitted "Romo Homer."

Can we agree it is time to draft a QB?

Plus - does anyone here at all think Dallas wins another playoff game with Romo at the helm?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
If I were going to try and fix this team in a hurry to win now, I would:

1. Fire and hire qualified coach.
2. Make the safety position a priority.
3. Find a permanent replacement for Sean Lee.
4. Find a WR that can stretch the field.
5. Add something decent to DL.

99. Now since everything else is in working order, we may as well try to upgrade the QB position.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've said all along, give Romo and this team a real Head Coach and prioritize fixing the defense, and I think this team competes. Garrett's record against winning teams is the biggest tell for me. The guy can't coach.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think most everyone here's been halfway reasonable actually. Even the admitted "Romo Homer."

Can we agree it is time to draft a QB?

Plus - does anyone here at all think Dallas wins another playoff game with Romo at the helm?

Oh fuck yeah, it's been time to draft a QB for at least 2 offseason a now. Not because of Romo, though. But because why wait to find a successor? It's fucking dumb, and it's exactly what happened last time we lost a franchise QB.

And no, Romo won't even play in another playoff game in Dallas.

I pray to God that Romo can catch on somewhere for a year or two after Dallas, if is back holds up, the guy will play until he can't walk. And I hope it's in a stable organization that is loaded for a run. I'd love to see him win a championship for another team.

He'll be lucky to play for a .500 team here the next two years, IMO.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We have the 71st rated player out of the top 100 at QB. That's according to the players themselves. Lots of other teams wish they had that at QB. So that's granted, it could be alot worse.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Oh fuck yeah, it's been time to draft a QB for at least 2 offseason a now. Not because of Romo, though. But because why wait to find a successor? It's fucking dumb, and it's exactly what happened last time we lost a franchise QB.
Jerry never learns either.

Should we have taken Manziel? I believe so.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Can you name one of those?

They are few and far between. Yeah, there are some that hate the guy and they are probably pretty immature.

But that childlike mentality is no different than the other extreme who absolve him of everything and start yelling how it is a "team game" when he throws a back breaking pick like he did in the Washington game you described.

Bad Tony moments have happened in quite a few games, you can count on at least one a season. Combine that with the shitty head coach pissing away two more every year, that is why we end up being 8-8.

Could we be worse off? Sure.

But the worst thing about Romo is the tease. Especially with our GM.

At least Tom Landry got tired of Danny White's inability to get over the proverbial hump and went with the risk of Hogeboom.

Nobody would dare do that to Romo. He's as untouchable as can be, mainly because Jones demands that.

So we spend year after year after year thinking of a new tweak to Romo, thinking he is capable, with that change, of avoiding the Bad Tony moments.

He's a lot like his little hero Favre, but at least he went to two Super Bowls and multiple NFCCs.

That is because he had a guy like Holmgren up his ass, not a hero worshipper who goes on play dates with him to basketball games.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry never learns either.

Should we have taken Manziel? I believe so.

That would have been a bigger circus than it already is. Zach Martin was the oh-so-rare prudent choice by Jerry.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's too late for Romo to prove anything to anyone that doubts him. I'm going to try to force myself to watch this team so I can enjoy what's left of his career.

He is 95% magic, and 5% wtf.

Pure pimp.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
At least Tom Landry got tired of Danny White's inability to get over the proverbial hump and went with the risk of Hogeboom.
And way before that Tom tried to trade Danny to move up and get either Elway or Marino. His disenchantment with Danny started way before most people's did.

And look guys - most terrible defense ever last year, and not one blowout loss. So that's hopeful for the future, if the defense can play better we might be right in there.

Top Bottom