yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The problem with this is that even if it holds true and we continue to slide, a high draft pick will not guarantee a QB. We are officially in limbo for the next 5 plus years. We're in bad, bad shape.

I didn't mean just this year, we need a massive 3-5 years of utter failure to have the remotest of chance of anything changing and a couple of high draft picks wont do the trick. There is a cultural malaise that is counter to winning and unless that changes, they'll never win another Super Bowl. How many times do we have to see these teams (regardless of player turnover) get punched in the mouth like the saints did and everyone is in shock? Thats the culture of hubris that comes from and is fostered by jeri, et al so I really see no hope as they wont ever sell the team, thats why my fandom is all but dead.

We are currently in fan purgatory and the jones idiots love it because Cowboy fans (yours truly excluded) are eternally optimistic and feel some send of familial devotion to the brand in spite of it being kidnapped by assholes who have shown they care about nothing but themselves and their bottom line. Sure, they'd like to win but its not anywhere near the top of their list of properties. I'd guess they love where they've been the last 15-20 years because they have some eyeball pleasing regular season records to keep fans on the hook and all the failures and nonsense just keeps giving the team attention and jeri loves attention above all else imo.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I didn't mean just this year, we need a massive 3-5 years of utter failure to have the remotest of chance of anything changing and a couple of high draft picks wont do the trick. There is a cultural malaise that is counter to winning and unless that changes, they'll never win another Super Bowl. How many times do we have to see these teams (regardless of player turnover) get punched in the mouth like the saints did and everyone is in shock? That's the culture of hubris that comes from and is fostered by jeri, et al so I really see no hope as they wont ever sell the team, that's why my fandom is all but dead.

We are currently in fan purgatory and the jones idiots love it because Cowboy fans (yours truly excluded) are eternally optimistic and feel some sense of familial devotion to the brand in spite of it being kidnapped by assholes who have shown they care about nothing but themselves and their bottom line. Sure, they'd like to win but its not anywhere near the top of their list of priorities. I'd guess they love where they've been the last 15-20 years because they have some eyeball pleasing regular season records to keep fans on the hook plus all the failures and nonsense just keeps giving the team attention and jeri loves attention above all else imo.

^^Fixed my post^^

(gawd I hate spellcheck, it changes words on me and I dont notice until its too late)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This throw by 240 million man, pathetic.

Not only is CeeDee open for easy TD, Brandon Cooks is wide open too

Refs also get an F here, CB holding and grabbing CeeDee for 10+ yards, no call.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry "we are pleased at RB"

Dowdle and Elliott lead the Cowboys in rushing, 56 yards each. One averaging 3.7yds per carry, the other 3.5

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Eagles completely botching those final 2 minutes has at least salvaged a little bit of joy from this week's games.
Helen Keller Moore calling a swing pass to a habitual pass dropper who always leads the league in drops. Then that vaunted Vic Fangio just stays in prevent, no blitzes no stunts no man coverage.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
How much did they pay Saquon to drop that easy game clinching pass?
How much are they paying that idiot Helen Keller Moore to call such bonehead plays? RUN THE FUCKING BALL KEEP THE CLOCK RUNNING!

In that situation.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
By almost all accounts, he looked better than Zeke in training camp and looked pretty good in the couple preseason games he played in.

Top Bottom