dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
1991 Dallas at Cleveland.

Norv Turner's 1st game as OC. The Triplets having big games. Cowboys win on opening day against Bill Belichick, his first game as a NFL HC.

Jim Nantz and Hank Stram calling the game.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
1991 Dallas at Cleveland.

Norv Turner's 1st game as OC. The Triplets having big games. Cowboys win on opening day against Bill Belichick, his first game as a NFL HC.

Jim Nantz and Hank Stram calling the game.

^^those years were magical, IIRC, that was the only time the Cowboys beat a Belichik head coached team^^

Maveric

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Defensively, the main question is the replacements. Kendricks for Vander Esch, Lewis and Carson for Gilmore and Bland, Zimmer for Quinn. Slightly lesser but still important questions include can Mazi Smith improve? Will we see the same DeMarvion Overshown that was very good in the preseason last year before getting injured.
Offense: Do Dak and CeeDee leave the distractions off the field? Do any of the other receivers besides CeeDee and Ferguson step up? Do we have one decent runnning back with all of them added together?
The Browns have a very good defense, but an offense with just as many questions as ours. It's not going to be easy to judge anything based off this one, especially if I have to mute Brady halfway through the first quarter. This strikes me as a 23-20 game, but I can't decide who is on which end.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
^^those years were magical, IIRC, that was the only time the Cowboys beat a Belichik head coached team^^
They beat Belichick in 2021 and 2023 as well

He coached against the Cowboys twice while with the Browns (went 1-1). He was 5-2 with the Pats against us.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They beat Belichick in 2021 and 2023 as well

He coached against the Cowboys twice while with the Browns (went 1-1). He was 5-2 with the Pats against us.

thats right, Im getting rusty because Im all out of fucks, that was a stat I had when Brady was still QB

I think its still accurate to say the Cowboys Never beat the Pats with Belichik as head coach and Brady as QB?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
thats right, Im getting rusty because Im all out of fucks, that was a stat I had when Brady was still QB

I think its still accurate to say the Cowboys Never beat the Pats with Belichik as head coach and Brady as QB?
Yep, thats true

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
This is the least optimistic I've been in several years. I guess if the season goes south, I forfeit the right to complain.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You can still complain, we allow that here

This place is a great example of how free speech works just fine. The only folks who cant take it, leave. They're also the people that want to censor because they're incapable of making logical agreements and/or too insecure to deal with someone disagreeing with them

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This place is a great example of how free speech works just fine. The only folks who cant take it, leave. They're also the people that want to censor because they're incapable of making logical ARGUMENTS and/or too insecure to deal with someone disagreeing with them
^^fixed my post^^

(can we just get rid of the time limit on editing posts?)

Top Bottom