Reaction score
Be interesting to see where the money is going compared to the line movement.

Seems like a fishy line.

Wouldn't think hte public would be backing KC like that, against the Cowboys - a heavy public favorite most of the time.

Reaction score
I agree Mid .. it is odd.

I guess it is possible that bettors have been turned off by the team's ability in recent years to lose in the most infuriating of ways. Romo's current national reputation seems to be of a guy who is cursed and/or who chokes. Could be that bettors have lost confidence in the team.

Just speculating....

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Could it be as simple as the experts thinking the Giants didn't look that great, lost the turnover battle by a ton, but we still barely beat them?

Reaction score
Vegas sets the line, but the line moves based on public money. For the line to move like it has, it means one or two things:

Public is betting KC hard.

Public is betting Dallas and Vegas is moving the line contrary to the public to induce more Dallas wagers.

The 2nd scenario makes more sense to me, and that leads me to believe we lose this week.

I have a hard time believing the public would bet hard on KC against the Cowboys.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You know more about this than I do, but I've heard several interviews with the sports book director of one of the bigger Vegas hotels (I think the Hilton? Can't remember for sure) talking about how the first 24 hours it's usually the local professionals who make most of the bets and can get the books to move their lines.

Reaction score
I'll buy that. Which is still unnerving.

Local professionals are professionals for a reason. They buy a line early that they love. Why do they love KC minus?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. It's not really ever good for the steam to be going against your team.

I don't bet at all but it was always pretty interesting listening to that guy and how they do things. Especially like that part, that some of the local wiseguys are good enough that it can influence them to move the line.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Precisely how I read the line movement. Sharp money on KC

I didn't need to see the line move to know the sharp money would be on KC.

That's why I told you guys I thought we'd lose.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Precisely how I read the line movement. Sharp money on KC

I didn't need to see the line move to know the sharp money would be on KC.

That's why I told you guys I thought we'd lose.

Lose... based on bets and line movements? The game is played on the field, not in some Vegas betting house.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Oh. Thanks for clearing that up Laz. I had no idea.

Wasn't talking to you. The guy said that the Cowboys would lose based on "sharp money" being on the Chiefs. I am curious... where was the "sharp money' at yesterday for the Redskins and Eagles' game?

Top Bottom