Would you tade Romo for high pick/s?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hell no. Because what do we do then? There aren't any Luck or RG3 type QBs in this draft who can play right away.

And what makes anyone think this staff can develop a QB?

At some point we'll have to move on, but let a new coach come in and start the process then. Not now with this ginger jagoff.

Reaction score
Absolutely. I categorically reject the notion that he's a victim of his surroundings and all we have to do is build a better team around him. If you like fantasy stats and 9 or 10 reg season wins, he's your guy. If you want to win a championship, look somewhere else.

You don't think you can win a championship with romo?

Reaction score
I heard similar things about joe flacco(who I liked in the draft).

I don't believe week 17 and then a wildcard game isn't too big for him then a divisional game he's just crazy nervous. I don't see how that's possible.

Reaction score
Romo's only flaw is that Sean Payton, Parcells and Sparano were replaced with howdy doody and the pussycat dolls. The Michellin man also had a brief cameo there.

Not sure if some of you are simply retarded, or if you just don't watch the games. Could be both.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
but absolutely not. Without Romo last year we win 2 or 3 games

You mean like in 2010 with a worse team we were 1-7, then Romo got hurt and Jon Kitna helped us go 5-3, and nearly 7-1 or 8-0?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Romo does some great things alot of times, but there are just too many times he plays poorly when it matters most.

Coming up small in virtually every big game you play cant possibly be somebody else's fault EVERY time.

If we really upgrade the OL and get a more consistent run game, maybe some of Romo's faults can be alleviated. But after seeing the same thing almost every year since he has become a starter I'm on the fence with him bigtime. I'd have to seriously consider a signficant trade offer for him because if executed correctly, it could potentially alter the franchise for years to come in a positive way.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Romo does some great things alot of times, but there are just too many times he plays poorly when it matters most.

Coming up small in virtually every big game you play cant possibly be somebody else's fault EVERY time.

If we really upgrade the OL and get a more consistent run game, maybe some of Romo's faults can be alleviated. But after seeing the same thing almost every year since he has become a starter I'm on the fence with him bigtime. I'd have to seriously consider a signficant trade offer for him because if executed correctly, it could potentially alter the franchise for years to come in a positive way.
Okay, you trade him to Buffalo for the 8th overall pick. Then what the hell do you do?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm a huge Romo supporter but if we're offered either of these picks, I take them and run. We can trade back and try to pick up a first rounder the following year and use is as ammo to trade up in a highly touted QB declares for the draft.

Romo's on the downside of his career. Sooner or later (probably sooner) we'll realize he's done and then we'll be in a hunt for another franchise QB. But as someone mentioned earlier, it's too bad the guy never had a chance here with Jerry running the show. What a colossal waste of a franchise QB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Okay, you trade him to Buffalo for the 8th overall pick. Then what the hell do you do?

Start Orton for a season or two. Draft a QB like Bray maybe in 2nd rd or so. Let him develop.

With it being adeal with Buffalo, we'd almost assuredly get more than just teh 8th overall pick too, likely we'd get another pick or two to help restock the roster in addition to that pick.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You mean after they fired the coach they all agreed they quit on after a 45-7 loss to GB?

Wade was terrible, but the fact Kitna came in at 400 years old and basically duplicated Romo's numbers, but won games where Romo didnt says alot as well.

Reaction score

Start Orton for a season or two. Draft a QB like Bray maybe in 2nd rd or so. Let him develop.

With it being adeal with Buffalo, we'd almost assuredly get more than just teh 8th overall pick too, likely we'd get another pick or two to help restock the roster in addition to that pick.

He planned you TE

Championship

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Waitaimint... Romo is terrible, sub Jon Kitna actually, and we'll never win with him... But a team is going to give us *more* than the 8th overall pick for him?

And Orton for a season or two? Srsly? You trolling, Clark?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Waitaimint... Romo is terrible, sub Jon Kitna actually, and we'll never win with him... But a team is going to give us *more* than the 8th overall pick for him?

And Orton for a season or two? Srsly? You trolling, Clark?

Orton isnt Romo, no question.

But Orton also doesnt make a ton of mistakes, he's a game manager. His numbers the last 3 seasons he was a starter arnt all that bad either. 59 tds, 33 picks and an int % in those 3 years of 2.4%

If the OL is improved some, there's no reason we couldnt/wouldnt at least be in the running for a playoff spot. He does have a winning record as a starting QB

Top Bottom