• Nothing short of Super Bowl appearance

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There is only one answer

NFC championship appearance is the minimum for the season to not be considered a failure again.

Super Bowl appearance would be the only thing I would consider a successful season. Win or lose I would consider it a successful season.

If we went to the NFC Championship game and lost I still wouldn’t consider that a success unless it was a killer close game and we lose to a final seconds to a field goal.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
There is only one answer

NFC championship appearance is the minimum for the season to not be considered a failure again.

Super Bowl appearance would be the only thing I would consider a successful season. Win or lose I would consider it a successful season.

If we went to the NFC Championship game and lost I still wouldn’t consider that a success unless it was a killer close game and we lose to a final seconds to a field goal.
We arnt making the NFC Championship game.

Umair7644

Spectator
Reaction score
The only scenario where Jerry might consider firing MM is another meltdown against the Niners, but even that seems unlikely. At Jerry’s age, he can't afford to start over with a new coach and rebuild the team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The only scenario where Jerry might consider firing MM is another meltdown against the Niners, but even that seems unlikely. At Jerry’s age, he can't afford to start over with a new coach and rebuild the team.
I'd add that a disastrous start ala 2010 almost assuredly will do it too.

That said, if they stay relatively healthy they'll probably win somewhere between 9-12 games again, and then get dunked in the playoffs in round 1 or 2 like they always do. Then McCarthy will be non-renewed like Garrett was.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Speaking of successful seasons

b3ac8b1809acc1415e2a45f3a8a10abf.jpg

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The only successful season as long as jones and spawn are owners is them no longer owning the team. Until that occurs, Cowboy fans will be in a perpetual state of Groundhog Day and are merely moving deck chairs around on the Titanic

CRPDZcX.jpg

Aggiepride

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I haven't been on here in a while, but I thought I'd post after hearing the comments made by that arrogant prick named Jessie Holley. It's a shame that the NFL standardized all the NFL team websites and removed the comments section. I used to have fun commenting on there.

Allow me to vent.

Yes Jessie, "everyone is entitled to an opinion, it doesn't mean you're right". In this case you are the one who is WRONG. How dare you compare the $1.50 to $2.00 raise that a person might get at work to what Dak and the other NFL QBs are doing and act like it is a rationale comparison.

You're talking about people who have a hard time buying milk and eggs for their kids. People who need to budget to pay utilities and compare that situation to a multimillionaire and not just a multi-millionaire, but a multi-millionaire who is capable of earning millions more with a mere endorsement, with a mere post on Instagram!

You're talking about people who come home from work and have their team to follow to escape the bullshit and drudgery that is the workweek. The season provides an escape as they hope their team can win it all. They are invested in that dream.

It's not business. Business is when you start and run your own business. In the real world, most people have a salary range. Salary is NOT open ended. A nurse, engineer, cashier, janitor can't go to his or her employer, no matter how good, and ask for more than the salary range or pay scale than that job title pays. Sure, he or she can ask for the very top of the range, but it is not open ended.

And stop it with this bullshit that there are only 32 people in the entire world who can do that job. There are far more. It's a matter of quality. I've had just as much fun, if not more fun, watching my local high school team play. It's just a matter of becoming invested in it. Anyone who has a son or daughter who plays a sport can attest to that fact. How many of you have seen video of Stephen Jones watching his kid play high school ball?

This is a team sport, and there is a salary cap. The dynamics are different than in the traditional corporate world. Do you want to know who understands that and who understood that? Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady. That's who. Even when Mahomes signed his 250 million contract, if you really took a good look at the structure of it, you would have seen that it was team friendly.

I don't hear Mahomes protesting saying that he has more super bowls, so his salary should go up. No, he is a team player. He redoes his contract when asked. But most importantly, he signed a 10 year deal, which gave the Chiefs the ability to look into the future and plan. The Chiefs aren't handcuffed to, "oh gee, the cap went up more than expected, so we need to now pay Dak more" or "gee, Goff, Tua, etc got more, so now we need to pay Dak more because it's his turn".

Tom Brady was never super talented. He had his strengths. One of those strengths was recognizing that he needed help around him and that no matter how smart Bilichick is, he was bound to make bad personnel decisions, a bad draft pick, a bad trade. But with salary cap wiggle room by not paying Brady the most just because "it was his turn" the mistakes were able to be covered up.

Tom Brady is now making millions in business, as a broadcaster, and whatever else. Taking less when it "was his turn" did not hurt him.

That is what a team player does! we are not asking for Dak to not be able to pay the utility bill or car note!

Top Bottom