yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
for the sake of discussion, what are the pros and cons of a current or ex president speaking directly to Putin?

I've always liked the mentality of keeping your friends close but your enemies closer and speaking softly but carrying a big stick

Whether Trump is that calculating I dont know, but if this is his strategy and he's not giving up anything (info or otherwise) then outside of it being potential political capital for his haters, I dont see it as a big deal

what am I missing?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
for the sake of discussion, what are the pros and cons of a current or ex president speaking directly to Putin?

I've always liked the mentality of keeping your friends close but your enemies closer and speaking softly but carrying a big stick

Whether Trump is that calculating I dont know, but if this is his strategy and he's not giving up anything (info or otherwise) then outside of it being potential political capital for his haters, I dont see it as a big deal

what am I missing?
Putin was a darling of the left until the Russians laughed Hitlery out of the building over her stupid "reset button" move which was because mean old Republicans under Booooosh were so mean to our friends. Booooosh and mean old Cheney had been chastised for warning us about Putin. People have forgotten this stuff.

This hit piece isn't going to move any needles. People leaning Trump don't give a shit about Russia Russia Russia and are really sick of all the money we're pouring into corrupt Ukraine. Anyone leaning Kamala, this is just oats for them.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Top Bottom