daboyz

MAGA 🇺🇸
Reaction score
....and there's a lot more to come!

The National Football League pulled in a ridiculous amount of money in 2023, and as a result, the Dallas Cowboys are getting a fat check.

According to Kurt Badenhausen and Lev Akabas of Sportico, the NFL pulled in about $13 billion in national revenue during the 2023 campaign, and thanks to the league's revenue-sharing deal, the Cowboys and the other 31 teams are pulling in anywhere between $402 million and $425 million from that. The reason for the inexact number comes from the fact that four teams reported four different figures to Sportico. One team reported $402 million, another team reported $404 million, and the other two teams said it was $418 million and $425 million, respectively.

Sportico settled on the $404 million figure, which amounts to a 115% increase over the course of the last 10 years, and a $30 million increase from 2022. But that wasn't the only money teams raked in. Each team in the league contributes 34% of its ticket revenue into another pool, and that amounts to another $20 million for each team on top of the aforementioned dollar figure.

Sportico adds that each franchise is worth at least $4 billion at this point, and in 2023 the average value of teams came in at $5.14 billion. The last reported valuation of the Cowboys specifically was a whopping $9.2 billion, the highest figure in all of sports.

Maybe that's why Jerry hasn't signed Lamb as of yet. He was waiting for payday! :tiptoe:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Maybe that's why Jerry hasn't signed Lamb as of yet. He was waiting for payday
This does nothing towards getting anyone signed. Lack of money isn't the problem. Lack of salary cap space is

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This does nothing towards getting anyone signed. Lack of money isn't the problem. Lack of salary cap space is
They have the cap space to sign Lamb. In fact a new deal would create considerably MORE cap space.

I cannot explain why they have not re-signed Lamb, he is clearly worth the money and is entering the prime of his career. In Prescott's case it's because I believe they have come to the same conclusion many of us have, that they cannot win big with him and have decided he is not worth 50-60 mils a year.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They have the cap space to sign Lamb. In fact a new deal would create considerably MORE cap space.

I cannot explain why they have not re-signed Lamb, he is clearly worth the money and is entering the prime of his career. In Prescott's case it's because I believe they have come to the same conclusion many of us have, that they cannot win big with him and have decided he is not worth 50-60 mils a year.
He would be a huge sweetener in a blockbuster deal that sends He, Dak and Parsons to X team. X team gives us their next three first and second picks.

I know, no way anyone besides maybe Jimmy thinks this way. But really after this season it's time to throw the baby out with the bath water but at least we can get picks for them.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He would be a huge sweetener in a blockbuster deal that sends He, Dak and Parsons to X team. X team gives us their next three first and second picks.
Not sure thats enough.

I wouldnt trade Lamb though. The other two, yeah I'd move them. Especially if I could get a mega deal for Parsons.

Nobody is trading us much for Prescott because of his contract situation and the fact he could veto any deal.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
DAL will let all 3 of them leave as free agents and then be proud that they earned themselves the 3 highest comp picks in NFL history

Top Bottom