daboyz

MAGA 🇺🇸
Reaction score
Two legends join teams in heaven. Mutombo played for the 76ers & Pete played for the Phillies. Pete got his 4,000 hit playing against the Phillies when he was with Montreal.

Thank you for the great memories! 🙏🐐20241001_040332.jpg20241001_040353.jpg

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
RIP Charlie Hustle

What a great player he was.

I used to be a rabid, die hard baseball fan. Not any more and not since they canceled the World Series after the MLB strike. They could have won me over somewhat by putting Rose in the HoF but it wasn't meant to be. It's a fucking travesty. The game and sports in general is tarnished by performance enhancing drugs, entitled athletes, and Lord knows what else. Charlie Hustle was the real deal. One of the all-time GREATS.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I used to be a rabid, die hard baseball fan. Not any more and not since they canceled the World Series after the MLB strike. They could have won me over somewhat by putting Rose in the HoF but it wasn't meant to be. It's a fucking travesty. The game and sports in general is tarnished by performance enhancing drugs, entitled athletes, and Lord knows what else. Charlie Hustle was the real deal. One of the all-time GREATS.
Same. The first World Series I remember watching was 1975 Reds-Red Sox, and I was hooked.

Monday Night Baseball and the Game of the Week on Saturday's were never missed, neither was This Week in Baseball. Was an avid baseball card collector as a kid and we knew virtually every team's lineup by heart. It was awesome.

But now, couldnt care less and the game itself sux. Every pro sport has pretty much ruined itself (maybe hockey is an exception, but I dont really care much for hockey, especially on TV) and like you, the strike that eliminated a world series pretty much did it for me.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Same. The first World Series I remember watching was 1975 Reds-Red Sox, and I was hooked.

Monday Night Baseball and the Game of the Week on Saturday's were never missed, neither was This Week in Baseball. Was an avid baseball card collector as a kid and we knew virtually every team's lineup by heart. It was awesome.

But now, couldnt care less and the game itself sux. Every pro sport has pretty much ruined itself (maybe hockey is an exception, but I dont really care much for hockey, especially on TV) and like you, the strike that eliminated a world series pretty much did it for me.

This Week in Baseball was the BEST.....an absolute must watch. I collected baseball and football cards when I was a kid. I actually sold a bunch of cards to get my Mom a birthday gift when I was a kid or some of those cards would be worth good money today.

I don't even recognize the game today. No small ball....no moving the runner.......no bunting when the game is on the line.....pitchers don't finish the game.......The game is disgusting.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This Week in Baseball was the BEST.....an absolute must watch. I collected baseball and football cards when I was a kid. I actually sold a bunch of cards to get my Mom a birthday gift when I was a kid or some of those cards would be worth good money today.

I don't even recognize the game today. No small ball....no moving the runner.......no bunting when the game is on the line.....pitchers don't finish the game.......The game is disgusting.
Its horrible. Terrible product on the field, just like the NFL and NBA

Top Bottom