dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Same shit different year. Wash, rinse, repeat for almost 3 decades now.

Yet another disgraceful performance and now two consecutive home games where they got shit-stomped by a team that was average to slightly above average. Dallas was significant favorites in both games and got absolutely demolished in almost every phase.

1) Always have to start with the 240 million man, and while there are 15 more games to go there has to be real concern that they royally fucked up giving him all that money. He stunk, again. It didn't kill us last week but he played awful v Green Bay and was dreadful again yesterday. Both times he made bad games far worse, if you are getting paid that kind of money this can't be the case. He missed several easy throws, threw two terrible picks and in two games since getting his mint all he has shown is he can dump the ball off and get us into Aubrey's ridiculous FG range. They let his lack of a deal hijack the entire offseason (and even said so repeatedly, that they couldn't make any moves to improve the team because of the cap) and then for reasons that make little sense, caved right before kickoff of game one. Now they are tattooed to him for essentially 4 yrs because almost all the money is guaranteed. This is a painfully stupid run franchise.

2) We all sat here saying the Green Bay game was one of the worst defensive performances ever for us, and the very next home game they follow it up with an even worse performance. Saints first 6 possessions all ended in OFFENSIVE touchdowns, I've been watching the NFL since 1975 and I don't know that I have ever seen that. I doubt it's ever happened. A truly shameful effort and performance, the coaches were clueless and the players showed no fucking spine or emotion about it. They just sat there and got bitchslapped like the little kunt babies they are, and did nothing about it. You'd think after getting embarrassed like they did v Green Bay they'd have went balls to the wall to prove that was a fluke and give the home crowd something to be excited for, instead they fell over like a house of cards. For many of us who never wanted Zimmer back, everyone got a taste as to why now. We got one week of "success" and then flopped beyond belief. We were even worse than Carolina was against them.

3) Not much to give a thumbs up for. Aubrey was his usual inhuman self. Thought Schoonmaker had a nice game. Jalen Tolbert was ok. Cee Dee scored our only TD on a great play by him, and he should have had another TD but Prescott missed badly, throwing a ball a good 3 or 4 yards behind and over him on a seam route. We only had 4 penalties vs their 5, so I guess that's a positive.

4) RB's were no impact, again. Although I do somewhat give them a little pass because the run blocking scheme itself is just shit. They don't want to say it, but its true. Mike Solari WAS a quality OL coach at one time, but it appears his time has past. Brian Schottenheimer is OC in large part because everywhere he had been prior his run games were solid to very good. But not here. Elliott wqs decent last week, but he was nothing yesterday. Dowdle was the best of the 3 that got carries, and he was pretty average. They probably need to see what they have with Dalvin Cook starting next week.

5) Demarvion Overshown was one of the best players on the field (for either team) last week. This week he hardly played (I think I read 16 total snaps, the Saints ran 56 plays). Why? The people that cover the team said it was nothing injury related. They have a complete waste of space at FS in Malik Hooker, who I firmly believe is the worst starting safety in the NFL. He doesn't do much v the run and he is absolutely horrible against the pass. Last week they hit the QB it seemed like every other play, this week we were credited with one official hit on the QB in 17 pass plays. The run defense was a complete sieve, and they gave up 3 pass plays over 39 yards (39, 57 and 70). Hooker either blew the coverage or the tackle on all 3 of them I think.

6) That drunk clown owner/GM said "we'll fix this" after watching his team get run over. But how? You did NOTHING to improve the team in the offseason. The last game in 2023 showed your team was completely incapable of making a real run, and you did NOTHING to change it. What happened yesterday was easy to predict and its been mostly the same for nearly 3 decades here. They could have brought in Belichick or Harbaugh and it would have made a MASSIVE difference in how this team prepares and functions, and Jones did nothing.

Not much else to say. This team sux. I posted somewhere a couple times before the season started that I wouldn't be surprised if we had a 2010 kind of season and yesterday would seem to be a strong indicator this is going to play out that way.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think I care for your attitude.
Fine

1) We are so fortunate to have 4 as our starting QB. He gave a valiant effort yesterday and cannot be expected to make up for the other 52 players sucking so bad. He should hold out and ask for more money now, he is worth it.

2) Defensively, they just outsmarted us combined with refs allowing them to play most downs with 13 or 14 offensive players. It was just too much to overcome. You could see though our defense finally wore them down with about a minute or so to go. They couldn't do anything offensively at that point, those last 3 plays we intimidated them so much that the QB just fell down.

3) Brandon Aubrey is cheating and is going to get caught. I know his leg muscle PED supplier and he's gonna roll over. Goodell is preparing suspension paperwork as I type. Schoon and Jalen only benefitted from the great play of 4. Did you see how Prescott set up those Aints DB's on Lamb's lucky TD catch and run? All Prescott there.

4) Our RB's lack of success comes from indecision in the backfield. They don't expect there to be 2 or 3 holes open on every play, its causing them to think and freeze, which allows previously blocked front 7 guys a chance to recover and stuff them near the LOS. A few more weeks of this should get them used to the enormous opportunities they have. We were lucky to get Zeke. Only the strong recruiting efforts of 4 allowed us to seal the deal. Thats leadership! Nobody else has this.

5) Obviously our brilliant coaches saw through the fraud that is Overshown, and benched him before he could cause more damage to the Zimmer scheme. You can't have players blindly running around the field and blowing up offensive players and opposing QB's. He got lucky to make those plays and we are fortunate that our elite coaching staff saw through this in time. The results to the defense could have crushed any chances we had yesterday.

6) No other team has an elite owner/GM situation like we do. The way they work together is just amazing, do you think we'd have had the level of success we've enjoyed since 1996 with just any other GM? We've had home field advantage a couple times during this elite run. Not every team can say that. THREE SUPER BOWL RINGS!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so sick of y'all downplaying the success we have. It's all due to Jerry and his brilliant son Stephen.

We're 1-1 and have the rest of the league right where we want them. We have 4 and nobody else does. I think we're set up well for a 14-3, 15-2 type season. We will be a major force to be reckoned with in January and early February.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Fine

1) We are so fortunate to have 4 as our starting QB. He gave a valiant effort yesterday and cannot be expected to make up for the other 52 players sucking so bad. He should hold out and ask for more money now, he is worth it.

2) Defensively, they just outsmarted us combined with refs allowing them to play most downs with 13 or 14 offensive players. It was just too much to overcome. You could see though our defense finally wore them down with about a minute or so to go. They couldn't do anything offensively at that point, those last 3 plays we intimidated them so much that the QB just fell down.

3) Brandon Aubrey is cheating and is going to get caught. I know his leg muscle PED supplier and he's gonna roll over. Goodell is preparing suspension paperwork as I type. Schoon and Jalen only benefitted from the great play of 4. Did you see how Prescott set up those Aints DB's on Lamb's lucky TD catch and run? All Prescott there.

4) Our RB's lack of success comes from indecision in the backfield. They don't expect there to be 2 or 3 holes open on every play, its causing them to think and freeze, which allows previously blocked front 7 guys a chance to recover and stuff them near the LOS. A few more weeks of this should get them used to the enormous opportunities they have. We were lucky to get Zeke. Only the strong recruiting efforts of 4 allowed us to seal the deal. Thats leadership! Nobody else has this.

5) Obviously our brilliant coaches saw through the fraud that is Overshown, and benched him before he could cause more damage to the Zimmer scheme. You can't have players blindly running around the field and blowing up offensive players and opposing QB's. He got lucky to make those plays and we are fortunate that our elite coaching staff saw through this in time. The results to the defense could have crushed any chances we had yesterday.

6) No other team has an elite owner/GM situation like we do. The way they work together is just amazing, do you think we'd have had the level of success we've enjoyed since 1996 with just any other GM? We've had home field advantage a couple times during this elite run. Not every team can say that. THREE SUPER BOWL RINGS!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so sick of y'all downplaying the success we have. It's all due to Jerry and his brilliant son Stephen.

We're 1-1 and have the rest of the league right where we want them. We have 4 and nobody else does. I think we're set up well for a 14-3, 15-2 type season. We will be a major force to be reckoned with in January and early February.
National.Lampoons.Christmas.Vacation.1989.Remastered.720p.BluRay.H264.BONE02-ezgif.com-added-t...gif

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My favorite argument from the shit for brains Dak nut huggers is "we have to pay Dak because there is no other alternative". Look, it would be one thing if it was year 3 or 4. I was against paying him the last 160 million netted one whole playoff win against a team that should not have been in the playoffs. But 9 years in to pay this at best, average QB such a huge percentage of the cap just shows how inept the front office is. Ole Jer should have stood his ground and let the year play out. We all know he Dak would have shit all over himself vs any decent team and they finally could have moved on from the most over rated player in the league.

As bad as the whole Dak thing was, not moving on from McCarthy was worse. You have a staff full of lame duck coaches on one year deals. Meaning no accountability anywhere because every coach and player in the locker room knows the staff is toast in January. All because Jerry is cheap in not wanting to pay coaches to sit on their couch and not work. Also he likes to for whatever reason let contracts expire instead of directly firing them.

This has the makings of another shit show year written all over it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Saints first 6 possessions all ended in OFFENSIVE touchdowns, I've been watching the NFL since 1975 and I don't know that I have ever seen that. I doubt it's ever happened.
They did it last week too. All nine possessions.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They did it last week too. All nine possessions.
I said touchdowns. At least Carolina held them to some field goals. We didnt.

Again I have no way to confirm, but I cannot ever remember a team scoring offensive touchdowns on their first 6 possessions of a NFL game.

Top Bottom