daboyz

MAGA 🇺🇸
Reaction score
The opening ceremony, the French Bishops' Conference acknowledged, "offered the world last wonderful moments of beauty, joy, rich emotions, and universal acclaim," but included scenes of derision and mockery of Christianity, which we deeply deplore.

What a disgrace! One day they will have to face God. How dare they disgrace our Loving Heavenly Father. I will NOT watch the games.

Screenshot_20240728_091346_Chrome.jpg

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
In a gaffe shortly before French President Emmanuel Macron declared the Games open, the five-ring Olympic flag was raised upside down at the Trocadero, across from the Eiffel Tower.

daboyz

MAGA 🇺🇸
Reaction score
2024 Paris Olympics

Olympic opening ceremony DJ filing legal complaints for online abuse over ‘Last Supper' tableau​

Her lawyer says she has been threatened with "death, torture and rape"​

By John Leicester and Jocelyn Noveck | The Associated Press • Published July 30, 2024 • Updated on July 30, 2024 at 1:04 pm​

GettyImages-2162939466.jpg
NBC Universal, Inc.

Paris Olympics organizers apologized Sunday to anyone who was offended by a tableau that evoked Leonardo da Vinci’s “The Last Supper” during the glamorous opening ceremony.

A storm of outrage about the Paris Olympics' Opening Ceremony — including angry comments from Donald Trump — took a legal turn Tuesday, with a DJ who performed at the show saying her lawyer is filing complaints over a torrent of threats and other abuse that the LGBTQ+ icon has suffered online in the ceremony's wake.

Barbara Butch's lawyer told The Associated Press that she had filed a formal legal complaint alleging cyber-harassment, death threats, and insults. The complaint doesn’t name any specific perpetrator or perpetrators of the alleged crimes.

The lawyer, Audrey Msellati, said in a letter posted to the DJ's Instagram that Butch “has been threatened with death, torture and rape, and has also been the target of numerous anti-Semitic, homophobic, sexist and grossophobic insults.”

Msellati said the complaint was filed with the Paris prosecutor’s office, which must then decide whether it warrants a formal police investigation. Although the ceremony's artistic director Thomas Jolly has repeatedly said that he wasn't inspired by “The Last Supper,” critics interpreted part of the show that featured Butch as a mockery of Leonardo Da Vinci's painting showing Jesus Christ and his apostles. Even Trump, in the United States, said Monday he thought it was “a disgrace.”

“I'm very open-minded,” the former president and current Republican nominee told Fox News host Laura Ingraham, who specifically asked about comparisons to “The Last Supper,” “but I thought what they did was a disgrace.”

Butch, who calls herself a “love activist,” wore a silver headdress that looked like a halo as she got a party going during her segment of the show. Drag artists, dancers and others flanked Butch on both sides.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
whats so insane about all this trans stuff to me is it only seems to hurt women, there's not a flood of biological females taking over male sports (they'd be welcome if they could) nor are bathrooms (but if they are, no guy gives a shit) so in one breath you have folks screaming #metoo but also trans rights, the cognitive disconnect is astounding

daboyz

MAGA 🇺🇸
Reaction score
Noah Lyles worlds fastest man, or his he?! The judges "use the torso" at the finish line to determine winner.20240804_160133.jpg
20240804_160446.jpg

touchdown

Reaction score

touchdown

Reaction score
Tom Cruise captivates with roof stunt at Closing Ceremony | Paris Olympics | NBC Sports

Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Tom Cruise is 62 and still struts around like he's 25, L0L! He's a crap actor but I have to admit, he still makes good movies!

touchdown

Reaction score
Tom Cruise is 62 and still struts around like he's 25, L0L! He's a crap actor but I have to admit, he still makes good movies!
Idris Elba is only 51, and I prefer him for the next James Bond. Keanu Reeves at 59 is still kickin'.

Top Bottom