touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Nothing to See Here... Move Along . . .

Announcing partnership between ride-sharing service Lyft and Levi Strauss & Co., Showtime and MTV to launch a new non-partisan initiative to increase voting among community college students.

In addition to ride-sharing plans, Lyft will work with partners such as the League of Women Voters, When We All Vote and VoteRiders to help riders, drivers and Lyft team members register to vote and educate them on voting ID requirements. Additionally, Lyft employees will be able to volunteer to become poll workers.
--------------------------------------------------
And Educate them on who to (Not To) Vote For . . . .

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Nothing to See Here... Move Along . . .

Announcing partnership between ride-sharing service Lyft and Levi Strauss & Co., Showtime and MTV to launch a new non-partisan initiative to increase voting among community college students.

In addition to ride-sharing plans, Lyft will work with partners such as the League of Women Voters, When We All Vote and VoteRiders to help riders, drivers and Lyft team members register to vote and educate them on voting ID requirements. Additionally, Lyft employees will be able to volunteer to become poll workers.
--------------------------------------------------
And Educate them on who to (Not To) Vote For . . . .
This is the kind of thing that destroys trust in the elections. If Lyft was doing this all over it would not be a problem, but you know they will work with the DNC (illegal) to provide these services only in heavily Democrat precincts. This technically makes it an "in kind" contribution. This is the equivalent of Zuckerbucks, which were outlawed in some states already.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
God Bless Judge Eileen Cannon!

Because this hero judge is asking the right questions and forcing the government to reveal what they have been doing to Trump we are learning every day just how corrupt the Biden DOJ is. Yesterday we learned the Jack Smith lied to the court about the status of the documents presented as evidence in the Trump documents retention case. We now know that the FBI may have tampered with the evidence but at the very least they mishandled it. This might not be a big problem ordinarily, but after telling the court one thing, and then having to correct themselves because the facts are actually different than their first explanation, it is a big problem for Jack Smith. This is on top of other information that has been revealed, thanks to Judge Cannon.

For example, we learned that the government forced Trump to take a pallet of boxes of documents back from the government a year before charges were brought against Trump for unauthorized document retention. We also learned a few months after Trump left office, officials from NARA met with White House counsel about the documents Trump had, and those meeting continued up to and beyond the indictment, including one meeting the day before Trump was indicted.

Trump's attorneys have filed a motion to dismiss the cases based on selective prosecution, and after all that has been revealed I think it is a slam dunk the judge should dismiss with prejudice (which means prosecutors cannot charge him again. Of course, this is Trump so anything can happen, but at this case the government's behavior has been so egregious it would be hard to understand why Trump's motion would be denied.

I should add one more thing. Judge Cannon is looking into why the attorney-client privilege in this case was pieced by prosecutors. Normally, this only occurs when a lawyer is engaged in the same crime as his client or in a coverup of the crime. But Trump's lawyer was not involved in any of the crimes Trump is charged with and was not charged himself. If the attorney client privilege was broken under false pretenses there is another argument to dismiss the case. Cannon is leaving no stone unturned.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
any attorneys here (or armchair)?

I'm clueless about law, are gag orders on defendents required in all cases?

What is a gag order trying to mitigate in Trumps case?

Seems to me, most prosecutors love it when the defendant wont shut up and especially when they take the stand. So it stands to reason all Trump can do is incriminate himself by talking so why not let him?

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
any attorneys here (or armchair)?

I'm clueless about law, are gag orders on defendents required in all cases?

What is a gag order trying to mitigate in Trumps case?

Seems to me, most prosecutors love it when the defendant wont shut up and especially when they take the stand. So it stands to reason all Trump can do is incriminate himself by talking so why not let him?
No. Gag orders are not normal. And usually they are issued to all sides in a trial, if one is necessary. Trump has been gagged because the prosecution argued that his tweeting could cause his supporters to act against witnesses, jurors or others involved in the trial. It is pre-emptive. One of the targets of Trump's ire has been Merchan's daughter, who worked for Democrat organization that opposed Trump. In fact, she has made hundreds of thousands of dollars opposing Trump.

What is strange is Trump appealed the last gag order he was put under by Judge Tanya Chutkan. On appeal he got the order reduced in scope. But he has not appealed this gag order. I read a few days ago that he was going to appeal it, but no further words on the matter.

This trail in NY is a joke. Trump will win on appeal easily. What I don't understand is why his defense is focusing on when or not Trump did what prosecutors say he did. The real issue is even if he did, there is no crime. How do you accuse a presidential candidate of trying to influence and election because he buried negative information about himself? Was there ever a candidate in the history of the country that did not want to hide the skeleton in his closet? And if hiding the Stormy Daniels allegations is a crime, then what would you call the Clinton campaign creating the Russia-collusion hoax, even taking it to the FBI to get an investigation started knowing it was not true?

This case should never have gotten to trial since there is no crime, not even the business fraud is a crime since the fees paid were actually legal fees. What concerns me is the prosecutor and judge both know this but they also know, or think, the jury is rigged.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score

I have to say, Trump lawyers seem like buffoons. They should have been objecting to everything she had to say. I suspect they didn't because they felt her testimony was actually hurting the prosecution's case but if they have to appeal this case the would want those objections on the record.

I still do not understand why Trump's lawyers have not appealed his gag order which is clearly unconstitutional.
I am getting the impression Trump is using this case to drum up sympathy from voters and that is why he is not appealing some of the rulings.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It is so interesting to scan the various news sites, if you can call them that, and see how the media manipulates the information we receiver. For example, how many people watching mainstream news would know that Judge Eileen Cannon postponed the Trump documents case because after forcing the DOJ to reveal documents about the case, unredacted, it was discovered the DOJ tampered with evidence? How many people know that photograph of documents on the floor of Mar-a-Lago after the FBI raid was actually staged and fake? Trump's legal team field a motion to dismiss the case based on all of the liberties the prosecution has taken. The judge opted to cancel the trial date of May 20, and postpone it indefinitely while she considers all the other motions filed. This case is unlikely to be heard before the election now.

And how many people heard that the Georgia appeals court has agreed to here the appeal of the judges ruling not to disqualify Fani Willis from prosecuting the case against Trump and other defendants? This mean in all likelihood this case will be delayed until after the election as well. But many legal experts are suggesting it may mean Fani will be booted from the case. That cold mean the charges will be dropped altogether.

Instead, the media is focusing on all the salacious, and irrelevant details of Stormy Daniels' testimony in the NY court yesterday. Trump is on trial for business fraud, and the judge allowed her to testify to all kind of irrelevant details of her relationship with Trump.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Georgia court to take up Trump's appeal of Willis disqualification ruling

I think it was one of the other defendants who actually filed the appeal and Trump's lawyers tagged onto it but small difference. I think the Georgia judge expected this appeal, and honestly, I think he was hoping for it. He is running for re-election so he couldn't disqualify Fani because it would risk him losing Democrat voters. But the appeals court has no similar problems so I think given the importance of the case will either disqualify her or drag the decision out so long it renders the decision moot.

The evidence shows Fani lied under oath, and misused public funds when she hired her lover for 3 times the normal salary for an prosecutor in the same position. It is hard to explain how she was not fired for her malfeasance. For the record, this is not about having an affair, although sleeping with a subordinate is no small matter. It is about an officer of the court lying under oath and using taxpayer money to fund her dalliance.

Top Bottom